Unable to upload

Does anyone know why I’m getting this message?
got 413 Request Entity Too Large

413 Request Entity Too Large

I’m uploading pictures the same size as thousands of others I’ve uploaded. I’ve asked flightaware and after several weeks got some sort of weak answer telling the number of pixels the picture needed to have. Having uploaded the number I have, I find it hard to believe it’s my picture size. I certainly haven’t changed, which must mean they have, but so far, crickets on what might have happened.

What are the image properties? Size? Width and Height in pixels? Resolution dpi? Bit depth?

1 Like

Not sure about the pixels. They’re roughly 6 meg files, and I’ve uploaded about 24000 just like them over the years.

The image dimensions - pixel height & width - is what matters. That info is in the image properties.

4896 x 3672 is one of them. They should all be approximately the same size.

I just made it smaller, and still get the same error message.

How much smaller? I checked some of the posted photos and they are less than 900 x 600 pixels. FA may resize photos once uploaded (just a guess). All the photos on the selection page have a max height of 300 pixels.

Well, I saved it at the lowest quality I could but it’s still showing the same pixels. 4896 x 3675. It’s only a 2.1 meg file, but the pixels are the same. I’m not seeing how I can change that on an existing photo. Once again, these photos are no different from what I have taken thousands of times already, and have never had this issue, so I’m not sure how all of a sudden it could be the size of my photo, unless Flightaware has changed something.

It isn’t the megabytes that’s the issue. It is the resolution. Use Microsoft Photos app to change the resolution. As far as I know FlightAware has not changed photo requirements in several years.

The Coast Guard C-130 photo you uploaded has a resolution of 1200 x 675.

FWIW a 4896 x 3675 image is 9 times larger than a 1080P monitor (1920 x 1080) can handle.