Unable to access FlightAware

Ive raised this to our OPS folks to see if there is anything that stands out. Apologies for the inconvenience.

For me that seem to be a pretty local/isolated issue. No problems on my end, independent of which browser or device i am using.

Same here in Canada. I have no issues connecting to any other website, just Flightaware. Using Chrome. This just started happening recently.

The same symptoms began with me a week or so ago.
It is only when I use Chrome.
I tried it with FireFox and it works fine.

Hi All-

Thank you for these reports - I assure you we do take them seriously. We have tuned some parameters and would appreciate any feedback from those that were having issues with reaching the site. I will be monitoring this thread.

Thank you again for your commitment to FlightAware, we genuinely appreciate all of our users.

Best-

Justin
flightaware.com

My issues have been resolved, thanks for picking it up :+1: :wink: That makes FA stand out from the other feeding sites in my view.

1 Like

I don’t want to talk too soon, but it appears my issues have also been resolved. I shall monitor it for a few days.
However, I now have a red banner at the top of my stats page claiming “FlightAware has detected a problem with your email account. Please click here for more information.”
I have had this issue in the past, and it was eventually resolved by support (in that the banner disappeared) but I have stopped received the daily newsletter since this first happened in mid-March 2022. Never received a newsletter since. (And yes, FA is whitelisted on my email and with my ISP).

Justin. I have been receiving notifications via email that you have responded to me here on Discussions. However, none of your messages appear here in the forum. The last message seen by me here is my “I don’t want to talk too soon …” message.
That said - I have read your messages on email. And thank you for what you have done. I will yet again speak to my ISP and mail provider and, failing that, will change me FA email to a gMail account.
Again - thank you. My system appears to be still working. Kinda.
Regards,
Viv

This morning i was hit by the same issue.

My FA stats page did not open, showing an error 504 with the information that it didn’t send a response in time.

EDIT:
A second attempt by loading the main page first and then going to “My Flightaware” was working

It looks like there is a problem with the stats server, I only see 5 out of 11 sites and it keeps on loading for the other 6.
Maybe someone can have a look at that ?

1 Like

I’ve been seeing the same problem for about 12 months.

Loads the first 5 sites and then just stops.

A

We had an incident related to the website earlier today between 02:56-03:31 UTC which might explain what you were seeing. I don’t have any suggestions on the stats server, but I’ll make a note to check into it.

Thanks-
Justin

2 Likes

A second attempt approx 30 Minutes later brought the stats back even while accessing it directly

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.