Twin Engine Cessna 310 Near Crash Poll

The 310’s Nose Wheel Had Been Not Locking For Over An Hour And While Preparing To Land The Nose On The Ground The Nose Wheel Poped Down Clicked Locked And Then Touched Down Perfectly. :open_mouth:

Pretty common in some aircraft models. The nose gear linkage must move past center to lock. The slip stream will prevent that if something is weak (spring?). When the slip stream is reduced, rolling on the mains nose high, the gear will sometimes move forward and lock.

I Dont Know. This Way Of Typing Is Actually Quite Tiresome. I’m Worried About Wearing Out My Shift Key.

Never Thought Of That :blush:

The lock bar was what broke. i think it broke when the gear went up. the slipstream thing makes sence though.

There is an option in microsoft word that capitalizes the first letter of all words. but its still going out of your way to say something. I save that last mouse click for spele checking.

You have a good point but i don’t usualy bother with spell check cause my spelling is ussauly somessed up it takes longer to spellcheck it than it doese to type

On aircraft w/ mechanical gear like the 310 it’s quite rare.
The gear all move together and lock down together.
Something has to be broken or bent for any combination to lock down with some unlocked.
Once part of the gear broken or bent your usually screwed and this person got lucky.

So rather than take a few extra seconds to spell check you’d rather look like an idiot?

If you use Firefox there’s an option to automatically check your spelling as you go.

Why the hell should others decipher what you say? Me? When I see something like this I think the poster is either a child of 5 or a complete moron.

If you are a kid then let me give you some advice. You will never get a job if you don’t clean up your spelling. Employers do look for someone who has a grasp of their native language - and that includes the written portion of it.

People in glass houses…

Check some of your own posts, the words are spelled correctly, but many times the grammar and sentence structure is for shit.

Although I agree with what you said, your condescending attitude makes you look foolish and petty.

The landing gear on the 310 is notoriously difficult to rig properly. If things aren’t just right they tend to be a bit difficult.

I don’t deny this. I’ve never said spell checking is perfect. I also accept that at times my grammar hasn’t been great. However, I try not to make excuses for blatantly bad grammar nor do I boast about not being able to spell like some others do.

I do deny this. Unlike others, I try my hardest not to be condescending. I don’t feel my advice to sumsum regarding spelling and grammar is condescending.

NOT condescending? Comparing him to a 5 year old or a “complete moron”? Maybe he is a “moron” or “retarded”. Maybe he is under educated. Again it’s not the content of your message, it’s the delivery. A little more honey and a bit less vinegar would be nice. JMHO.

PS I don’t care if your spelling or grammar sucks, mine does too, but I just feel you were a little harsh. NBD, JMHO again.

Were you my 3rd grade teacher?

http://i30.tinypic.com/2r3i7wn.jpg

Some times I regret saying anything about something. Thank you to all who have voted and to you who have defended me :smiley: !

sumsum

I used spell check today for those who want me to. (Don’t worry if you want I can continue to use it, it is on my Google Toolbar)

This has already been answered.
READ THIS SLOWLY!

Signatures are not implemented on this system.

There are not signatures to be shown on the FlightAware forum.

Even though signatures can be used in the forum software, FlightAware has decided not to use this feature.

Ok ok just a question

Specifically older 310’s. There are literally shops that specialize in 310 landing gear and their “ghosts.” There’s dozens of sequencing valves in those things.

You need to stop drinking before you post- it makes you an angry person. (from 33,000 feet)