Trouble connecting Orange Tracker to Wifi

I recently moved from my old wifi router to Google Nest wifi and now I can’t get my FlightFeeder Orange to connect. It sees the SSID, and I can add the password, but when it goes to reset the network it just times out and says wifi is “on but not connected”

Are there any settings I might need to change to allow the FF to connect?

Have you tried changing SSID and/or password for testing it?

Some devices having issues with spaces or special characters in either SSID or PW
Which Network are you using? 2.4GHz or 5 GHz? Maybe also a not supported channel

email adsbsupport@flightaware.com for help with Flightfeeders.

I had forgotten about some devices having problems with spaces in SSIDs, I’ll try connecting to the Guest network (shorter, no spaces in the SSID) and see what happens.

There is a bug in the current FlightFeeder software release that means that changes to wifi settings are ineffective (the old settings continue to be used). We’re progressively rolling out a fix but it has not been applied everywhere yet (and there’s a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem in that we can’t correct it remotely if the unit is offline because the wifi settings are wrong…). If you mail adsbsupport@flightaware.com they can walk you through a fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.