TRF additional info?

I am trying to find additional info (why the TFR) for this:

tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_8_3291.html

Maps seem to show it as a ski area, and google street view shows it under construction?

Thanks,
Spinner

Clicking on NOTAM text in your link revealed.

FDC 8/3291 ZLC UT… FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS PARK CITY, UT. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(1) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT OPERATION. ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF PARK CITY POLICE DEPT. SGT. LITTLE ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE AT AND BELOW 10000 FEET MSL WITHIN A .5 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 403658N/1113044W OR THE WASATCH /TCH/ VORTAC 107 DEGREE RADIAL AT 25.6 NAUTICAL MILES. PARK CITY POLICE DEPT. SGT. LITTLE, TELEPHONE 435-731-0771, IS IN CHARGE OF ON SCENE EMERGENCY RESPONSE ACTIVITY. SALT LAKE /ZLC/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE 801-320-2560, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.

I saw that also, just that most TFRs are somewhat more specific, and then I can find info on the web through news agencies and such additional info (fire, chemical spill).

From what I can find the CFR section refers to…
a. 14 CFR 91.137 (a) (1) Protect persons and property on the surface or in the air from a hazard associated with an incident on the surface.

So what is going on there?
Blasting? Training Ops for Police that use munitions?

Thanks,

Lets suffice it to say, the TFR is for law enforcement operations… That is all that is needed for the reason for the TFR.

One can guess many things such as surveillance operations requiring slow flight by LE officers, crime scene documentation and such.

TFR will never tell what the exact law enforcement operations are, what branch of the law enforcement agency is involved and rightfully so.

That information will be posted in just about all NOTAMS that I have seen when I get my briefings.

New Dunkin Donuts under construction.

LOL Good one! :laughing: One of my friends is a cop and he hates that stereotype so much that he always parks in the back of the donut shop. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is funny! Thanks for getting my day started with a laugh.