Traffic not displaying on local map, but plenty being sent to the network

I’ve been running a feeder trouble free for quite sometime, but ran into something weird a few days ago. When I tried to go to the XXX.XXX.XX.XXX:8080 skyview, the map was blank. I checked the various feeds that I am a provider for, and they all confirmed that data was going out. For some reason, I am unable to view it locally. Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Mike

You probably have multiple decoders running but only one of them will work (unless the 2nd decoder is running with different ports and not trying to use the SDR but rather getting the data via TCP).

You can use pgrep to see which processes are running.
Typically checking for dump1090 / readsb is sufficient.

pgrep -af dump1090
pgrep -af readsb

My install scripts usually correct those sort of issues by making sure only the decoder you’re installing is installed, they remove the others as this is a somewhat common issue.

Automatic installation for readsb · wiedehopf/adsb-scripts Wiki · GitHub
Automatic installation for dump1090 fa · wiedehopf/adsb-scripts Wiki · GitHub

Skyview belongs to dump1090-fa so that will only work if you use dump1090-fa as a decoder.
But piaware will work just fine without dump1090-fa as long as any decoder is providing beast data on 30005.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.