Temporarily need to stop tracker

Searched a bit but could not find an answer. I have some home renovations coming up that will last 2-3 months. I will unfortunately have to shut down my piaware for that period.

Do I just shut it down (I imagine I will lose Flight Aware benefits after a while) and then restart it, or is there anything else I should do beforehand.

If you can still keep an internet connection, perhaps set up your system in some corner with the antenna in a window or next to an external wall. Connect via wifi or just run a cable from your router to the Pi. That can keep your system connected, tracking local traffic at lower levels, and keep your account active. You can even move the system and antenna to a different location and keep active. Whatever you do, have fun and hope the renovations make your home exactly what you want.

1 Like

Can just shut it down, nothing special required. You may want to do a clean shutdown via the stats page control panel, or by “sudo shutdown -h now” from the command line, rather than just pulling power which can risk sdcard corruption.