Sorting

When we select “Live Tracking |Airborne By Aircraft Type (view all)” we get a list sorted by number of airborne A/C. Would it be possible to put sort options on that list, such as sorting by A/C code? Sorting of the other “View All” lists from live tracking would also be great!

It’s available. Click on column headings.

Thanks… learn something new every day!

Hmmm… doesn’t seem to work here. are we both talking about the flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/ page?

You’re correct. I misread the original post and thought the guy was talking about the airport pages.

If you go into an aircraft type ie CRJ2 http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/CRJ2 … you can click on the headings and sort all the CRJ’s by call sign, destination, time enroute, etc…

That is how I understood the original question.

When we select “Live Tracking |Airborne By Aircraft Type (view all)” we get a list sorted by number of airborne A/C. Would it be possible to put sort options on that list, such as sorting by A/C code? Sorting of the other “View All” lists from live tracking would also be great!

I second this request.
When viewing all airborne aircraft by type, it is automatically sorted by number of currently airborne aircraft. Alphabetically/numerically would be a nice addition. One example of how this is helpful is to see easily how many 737’s (for instance) of each series are flying. So B732 is just before B733 which is just before B737 and B738. Or to see all cessna aircraft grouped together. Sorta… the C130 messes things up! I know they’re not in “order” as you might expect, the citations (C25A, etc.) are between the C172 and the C310; plus the straight leg cardinal (C177) is no where near the RG version (C77R).

I think you want to just see the total, but you can view all by…

search for type: B73* and then order by clicking ‘type’

http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B73*?;offset=0;sort=DESC;order=aircrafttype

** now can somebody tell me why the url won’t display correctly?

The code gets confused when there are all those equals signs and semicolons.
This should work, but it’s not sorted exactly as you had it.
flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B73*