I’ve noticed seemingly random drops in signal level and CPU usage together with a reduction in aircraft and position reports that last for 15-30 minutes for a couple of weeks now.
Because it has been affecting both receivers to almost the same degree I assumed it was something external - most likely interference - but didn’t have any way of knowing where it was coming from.
Yesterday, I went in the loft to replace the ball valve in the water tank, which has been playing up recently and realised that the problem I was having coincided with previous times I’ve been in the loft recently.
Then it occurred to me that there are a couple of CFL’s up there. I guess that one or both of them is kicking out interference and swamping the LNAs.