Shortest Flight

This topic has been grazed in other discussions.

What was your shortest flight?

Here is a very short airline flight:
Pullman, WA to Lewiston, ID
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/QXE27/history/20070127/2236Z/KPUW/KLWS

Mesaba Airlines, KMSP to KSTC
flightaware.com/live/flight/MES2758

The now defunct Great Pains, I mean Great Plains Airlines, TUL-OKC

BNA-ATL many different times

Comair KDAY - KCVG

UPS MIA-FLL

United Express…Los Angeles (LAX) to San Diego (SAN)

Air Creebec ( CRQ )

Flight 841

Fort Albany Ontario to Kashechewan Ontatio.

5 minute scheduled flight across the Albany River.

aircreebec.ca/english/main.html

USAir IAD-RIC-PHF. Talk about baby steps! Something got mixed up with my connection at Dulles, and I got switched over to this flight that stopped in Richmond first. The equipment was a BAC-111.

KDAY==>KCVG

IAD > PHL and back. These were actually my first flights on an airliner. Flew on an L-1011 to PHL and a 707 back to IAD.

Our airline used to fly Fresno to Visalia and back to consolidate service to LAX. Lots of times for fun, I would grab the kids and take the hop to kill a few hours (minutes) out of a Fresno day. Plus, we get to see our house!!! :smiley:

Shortest airline flight: OK Air (Oahu Kauai Airlines) from Lihue to Princeville (flight continued to Honolulu).

Shortest flight period: UH-1 Huey. A extreme rainstorm hit while we were leaving field exercises on Oahu when I was in the National Guard. The road was very muddy and steep so the soldiers in trucks were unloaded when they got to a very steep portion of the muddy road and loaded into the Hueys. It was about a 2 minute flight to get us past the bad spot. (The unit I was in was an aviation support unit utilizing Hueys)

EFD-IAH (15 miles)

Continental no longer runs this one. It used to be used by mileage collectors to add segments for quicker elite status. They really didn’t charge anything for it, so even people who lived closer to IAH would sometimes use it. I believe the primary idea was to help people in South Houston use CAL flights out of IAH rather than competitor flights out of HOU.

my shortest flight was from ORD-RFD…took us about 15 minutes

Commutair From BTV-PBL or vise versa it goes both ways. About 6 minutes on a Raytheon 1900D.
Short Flight
I love this picture
Don’t ask me why I love this picture but its because I like the background clouds looks like a storm is coming and I love thunderstorms and there clouds.

Clouds, huh? Do they do random drug testing where you go to school? May want to just volunteer for one… :wink:

HAHA no I mean the darkness see I was passing through CLE that day and there were bad thunderstorms and with that dark haze in the background there are storms around that area. OK what I meant to say was dark SKY.

It finally dawned on me what the 1900 looks like. The way the nose is compared to the rest of the aircraft, it appears to be a Guppy wannabe. Also see this picture.

It’s apparent that he volunteered to test a few too many drugs already…