Ryanair flight Rome (FCO) to Valencia (VLC)

Hello, I am new to this discussion group and I do not know anything about aviation. Therefore I apologise if my question is not correctly formulated. However I need some help.

A couple of friends was recently delayed over 5 hours on the flight FR 999 FCO/VLC on 17th June (the flight normally lasts 1 1/2 hours), and the flight finally departed in the early hours of June 18th. The EU regulation No 261/2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights provides for a compensation for passengers in such cases, except in “extraordinary circumstances”. When they wrote a complaint asking for the compensation due, Ryanair replied to them “Following a review of your claim, we regret to advise that no liablity to compensation arises under the EU261 regulation as your flight was disrupted due to a bird strike suffered by the operating aircraft, outside Ryanair’s control.”
Since Ryanair is not new to such replies and because they were kept over 5 hours at the airport without any plausible answer from the Ryanair staff of the reasons of the delay, I would like to know if there is a way of checking the relevant log book for that aircraft/flight (is “log book” the right name of the place where the history of the flight appears? sorry, I do not know!) to see if the answer provided by Ryanair is indeed true. I have checked in this platform and found the following FR999 (RYR999) Ryanair Flight Tracking and History 17-Jun-2022 (FCO / LIRF-VLC / LEVC) - FlightAware but it does not give any supplementary details.
Thank you very much in advance for your help.

You can check here and see if you can find anything:

Thank you very much. However I do not seem to find what I am looking for. Pity