Regional Jets

I like the Embraer A LOT MORE then the Canadair.

RJ 700/900

Sorry 145 too small for me

Canadair 100/200 are very different from 900.

*Note the 700/900 not 100/200

The ERJ-145s are like rockets! Much more fun to ride - and I could tell the pilot was having fun flying it too.

I LOVE how the ERJ-145 has a single row. That way I can enjoy the flight without having someone next to me talking the whole time about what I like to do and what they like to do and all the thing in between. That happened this year when I was on a ERJ-170 from BTV-DCA just about missed the whole flight :angry: It also happened when we where coming back from BNA to DCA on a CRJ-200 when we where landing but I caught most of it.

If you click on the link scroll down to fleet and it say (Currently utilized solely by Continental Express) Does this mean that there already using them or are going to be using them??
Chautauqua Airlines

Never mind I think I answered my own question. Here it is.
Drum roll with a symbol smash at the end!!!
Continental Airlines CRJ-200

Only one row of seats? That’s a very small seating capacity!

(I know you meant 1-2 seating (i.e. 1 seat aisle then 2 seats) but the way you said it gave me a vision of only 1 row of seats. )
My suggestion is to pretend like you are reading or sleeping. Luckily, I’ve never had the problem of talkative people. Well, there was that one time on a red eye from Hawaii to LA where I had planned on sleeping and the guy next to me was Mr. Talkative.

Dami you must be board or in a bad mood because I know you understood what i said.

Re-read what I said. I’m neither bored or in a bad mood. I said I knew what you meant. I just found it amusing to think about an airliner with only one row of seats - if only there was one!

Cartoons have airliners with one row of seating. :confused:

I really like the ERJs but I also like the CRJ 200s or 400s. I like the ones with all leather seats. However, I did hear of a safety issue with the ERJs and I was about the fly one so the person who told me that refused to elaborate so as not to put it on my mind at the time.

One thing you learn on both of these is to have a smaller carry on because a normal sized carry on has a good chance of being checked into the belly upon boarding since overhead and under seat storage is minimal. I love the idea of these smaller regional jets because I like to “feel it fly.” That’s why I like the BAE46 jets so much too, they only hold 76 I think. May even be less than that. Had a pilot once who never kept it level over the rockies, was turning both ways the entire trip. I even told the pilot afterwards “I love the way you fly!!” He grinned.

Love the Embraers…especially the XR’s with the winglets. Little off topic but has anyone seen the new ExpressJet colors yet?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1167332/M/

Also…

discussions.flightaware.com/viewtopic.php?t=2898

I was going to do that earlier, but I noticed that he found the discussion and posted there 3 minutes after this one.

oops…hahaha…ahem…

NTSB Advisory
National Transportation Safety Board
Washington, DC 20594
January 31, 2007

NTSB INVESTIGATING UNCONTAINED ENGINE FAILURE IN COLORADO, SEEKING LOST ENGINE COMPONENTS

Washington, DC – A team of National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigators, with assistance from other parties, is investigating an uncontained engine failure on an America West Express jet in the area near Denver, Colorado. In an effort to determine the cause of this event, the NTSB is seeking the engine components that fell from the airplane, and informing the public of how to assist.

The background of this incident is as follows: On January 25, 2007, at 4: 50 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, a Mesa Airlines, Incorporated, Bombardier CL-600-2B19 Challenger Jet, N17337, operating as America West Express Flight 2985, from Denver, Colorado to Phoenix, Arizona, while climbing through 24,000 feet, experienced an uncontained engine failure. The left engine cowling, fan, and other forward components separated over sparsely populated mountainous terrain in an area beginning just south of Woodland Park, Colorado and running south-southwest to 10 miles southwest of Cripple Creek, Colorado. The airplane’s flight crew declared an emergency and immediately returned and landed uneventfully at the Denver International Airport at 5:30 P.M. Mountain Standard Time. The captain, first officer, flight attendant, 1 extra crewmember, and 50 passengers were not injured during the incident. The aircraft itself sustained minor damage to the fuselage, left engine pylon, and tail section during the engine separation.

The NTSB has notified local officials in Teller County that this event occurred, and that there could be engine debris on the ground in their jurisdictions. The NTSB has requested their assistance as well as the assistance of other state and local agencies in locating the missing engine parts. Members of the public should contact the Teller County Sheriff’s Department (Telephone 719-687-9652) of the location, estimated size, and description of the part or parts found. These parts could cause injuries if not handled with proper precautions, therefore, should not be handled by members of the public.

The NTSB team is being led by NTSB air safety investigator Jennifer Kaiser of the Central Mountain Region in Denver. Members of the team include: NTSB engineers, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) inspectors; Mesa Airlines; Bombardier Canada (the airplane manufacturer); and General Electric Corporation (the engine manufacturer). A radar analysis team was assembled and has gathered all FAA, company, and military radar information. This information is being correlated with data from the airplane’s flight recorders in an effort to pinpoint the potential locations of the engine parts.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASH2985/history/20070125/2338Z/KDEN/KDEN

Here’s the preliminary info on the FAA site:

ACFT LOST PIECE OF COWL AND A #1 ENGINE FAN BLADE, DENVER, CO

http://www.faa.gov/data_statistics/accident_incident/preliminary_data/media/I_0126_N.txt