Readsb

you are absolutely right. But I am too scared to make mistakes. But did as you suggested:)

Seems the package is correct and up to date
~ $ sudo apt install librtlsdr-dev

Reading package lists… Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information… Done

librtlsdr-dev is already the newest version (0.6-1+rpt1).

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.

Please advice, when time permits

I already advised.

Did that reinstall anything?
Read the output.

Try the readsb install, does it work now?

Easy things to try.
And if you used common sense reading the commands found on google (one says install the other has reinstall in it … well …)

You just try until it works or everything is broken.
It’s that simple.
You could also read lots of google results on how the package management system works and actually understand what each option does.
There is also

man apt-get

I used the same scripts and works well. I used a second Pi that I use for antenna testing and the data isnt shared. I found Read ADSB works quite well for what I am doing.

So do I

I love the simplicity of getting this thing set up without the involvement of any FA repository or anything else. Just a local map, nothing else i need for that

@wiedehopf

Just to give you an update.

I started from scratch. Installed Fr24 and Piaware.
Installed dump109-fa, readsb and your latest Airspy-conf and Graphs1090 as well.
Took me a few extra installations to get everything running smoothly.

Thank you and @prog for all the hard work!

Left the options as provide by you as default.
Will try different settings later, still reading the thread. Have to invest some time, as due to personal circumstances I only could start reading last sunday, so have a lot of catch up to do.

So “my problem” is solved

I agree with you. I wanted a independent way to experiment and test.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.