Readsb

Not sure if any support is available for readsb. would like to uninstall it. Tried installing readsb on UAT-only piaware to make easier gain adjustments. After installing readsb the UAT only receiver became a 1090 receiver. There was no uninstall script listed. tried to configure readsb for uat, but ended up disabling it so it turned back toi a uat receiver
sudo nano /etc/default/readsb

Blockquote

readsb configuration

This is sourced by /etc/systemd/system/default.target.wants/readsb.service as

daemon startup configuration.

RECEIVER_OPTIONS=“–device 0 --device-type none --uat-receiver-type sdr --gain 20.7 --ppm 0”
DECODER_OPTIONS=“–max-range 360”
NET_OPTIONS=“–net --net-heartbeat 60 --net-ro-size 1200 --net-ro-interval 0.1 --net-ri-port 0 --net-ro-port 30002 --net-sbs-port 30003 --net-bi-port 30004,30104 --net-bo-port 30005”
JSON_OPTIONS=“–json-location-accuracy 2”

Blockquote
logfile for readsb uat receiver converted 10 1090 by readsb config errors disable readsb - Pastebin.com

Where?

Looks like the complete debian package.

sudo apt remove readsb

Thanks, did not know about sudo apt remove readsb

better use purge, as it will remove all configuration files as well.
For clean up, purge is better than remove.

sudo apt purge readsb  
2 Likes

Optionally use this for also removing the dependencies if not used any longer for other things

sudo apt autoremove readsb

Applying command line options from other programs is usually not the way to go.
readsb doesn’t do 978, it’s pretty similar to dump1090-fa in regards to basic functionality and depending on the fork also has some extra functions.

That config file just has command line options which often can be checked with --help:

readsb --help

Just for the future, it’s important to let people know how you installed something.
I just took a wild guess that you used my script or my how-to.
If you would let me know i could maybe even add a note how to remove it.

I followed Automatic installation for readsb · wiedehopf/adsb-scripts Wiki · GitHub to try readsb on a UAT only pi. It started receiving 1090 instead of 978. Trying to change config options to UAT seemed to disable it. A note about uninstalling it would be helpful, also if it works with only 1090. Thank you.

1 Like

How the max distance received graph is working? I have a plane that is farther than the present position, but with intermittent reception. What’s the min duration of reception, because that plane doesn’t change the contour:

2 even, 2 odd CPR messages or not more than 8% over the previous max distance in that direction.

Actually, i’ve looked into making this a bit better for this purpose, do an update, it’s now 12% and the position reliability doesn’t time out as fast.
You still need to get two positions via global CPR (as opposed to local).

2 Likes

Good evening,

I tried to update my readsb. But for some reasons something is going wrong. Perhaps @wiedehopf has some time to help me.
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/RqQYSVWK

Your URL is not working. Remove the quote " in front of it

Thank, guess was to impatient

Where do you see that?

Looks like sd-card corruption.

/usr/include/rtl-sdr.h

This file belonging to the package librtlsdr-dev is corrupted.
Start with a new sd-card is suggested.
Otherwise reinstall that package but expect further issues.

He had the " in front of it and the link was not clickable.
Fun fact: After i quoted it, it was clickable in my quote

Ohhhh, i thought you mean the URL on the console was wrong, haha!
When i looked at this post it was already fixed.

1 Like

I know I am pushing, and I definitely do not want to annoy you, but I have no idea how to reinstall the librtlsdr-dev package. Don’t know what it means or what it does.

Didn’t i tell you before you have a broken sd-card? :slight_smile:

Anyhow … here you go:
https://www.google.com/search?q=raspbian+reinstall+package

Yes you did and I used a new card. So it sucks seeing/reading the sd card is broken (again)

Will this be the correct command?

sudo apt install librtlsdr-dev
or this:
apt-get --reinstall install librtlsdr-dev

With my skills i would not identify any wrong URL in the code provided by Dutchyb.
That’s i leave to the experts here :wink:

Just try until the install works …
Trial and error is one of the better learning methods for computers.