Range circles - got 2 sites displaying

hi there
new setup so been playing with all settings on the map page to get it how i want
unfortunately ive ended up with range circles at my location AND Manchester airport!
ive turned them off, on, altered ranges but they are still there
any ideas how to get rid of them but keep mine on?

thankyou

Using SkyAware Anywhere I don’t think there is an option to select just one site. You would need to connect to your local site to have just one set of Range Rings.

under PiAware i only get 1 set of range rings

Piaware is the local skyaware page and Skyaware Anywhere is the combination of your sites.
You seem to have claimed two sites, 204875 in Netherthorpe and 205222 in Manchester.
Probably the Manchester one is claimed by accident ( since is was only online shortly yesterday) but Flightaware assumes you have two sites.
That’s why you get two sets of range rings.
The inactive site will stay there for 30 days and after 30 days of inactivity it will be removed.

1 Like

You can remove it manually before then if desired. After it has been off for >24 hours, go to your stats and select the site in question from the orange drop down. Click the cogwheel on the right to edit the site. Halfway down is the text “This feeder site has been inactive for an extended period of time. You can remove this feeder site from your account”, with the last few words being a link to do so.

2 Likes

So we all learn something new everyday. Thanks for that :wink: :smiley:

I only found out a couple of weeks ago, been playing with a test site :slight_smile:

1 Like

thankyou for the information, yes probably my fault
ive been playing with various rasp pi, this one is running a 3b+ and a lcd display, but want to move to a 3a+, just waiting on a display
i want to make it small so i can putit in a waterproof box outside on the antenna pole fed by 12v and a regulator (to minimise the feeder loss)