Problem with Alerts

Hello,
A few weeks watching problem with Alerts. Some alerts do not come or come with a big delay.
Why?

Which types of alerts are you saying seem to be delayed? I see that your account has received maany different types of alerts (arrival, filed, departure, minutes_out, etc) within the last couple of weeks.

Of all of the ones that were successfully delivered were typically completed in less than 10 seconds from when our system queued them. Some were longer (up to 35 seconds), but that was not typical. There were also 6 alerts that had failed to be delivered due to a timeout reaching your server’s endpoint.

Hello,
Problem with different alerts. Example: Problem alert ID 29087776. I not receive arrived message. Can you see why alert not delivered? In logs on web servers i not see any inbound connection.

That arrival alert for EZY2909 could not be delivered due to a network timeout, probably on your server side:

processed      | successful |                             status
--------------------+------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
2019-03-18 16:55:18 | f          | Failed during POST with status=timeout, ncode=, duration=5175ms

Hmm, thanks, i check my server.

Hello,
Can you see alert ID 29130018 ? No departure message

That alert for FIN1302-1553063179-airline-0029 only triggered one “filed” event, which appears to have been delivered successfully to your server. There were no additional events generated because that flight id was suspended and we tracked it as a different faFlightID instead: FIN4PF-1553214831-3-0-103
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FIN1302/history/20190322/1216Z

I’ve opened an internal ticket (FT-5377) to investigate why that flight id change occurred, since that should not have been a normal occurrence for this flight.

A minor setting has been tweaked for that specific flight to reduce this problem in the future. Thanks for reporting it.

Hello bovineone,
Can you check next alerts:
29203076 - no departure alert.
29209333 - no arrival alert.
29211796 - no arrival alert.

29203076 departure alert failed:
Failed during POST with status=timeout, ncode=, duration=7235ms

29209333 arrival alert failed:
Failed during POST with status=timeout, ncode=, duration=5959ms

29211796 arrival alert failed:
Failed during POST with status=timeout, ncode=, duration=5161ms

FYI, you can use the bottom of https://flightaware.com/commercial/flightxml/send.rvt page to see a history or recently attempted alerts and see if there are any very recent failures.

Hi again,
i change server location for endpoint. But I’m still see that sometimes messages are not delivered, this strange. I have no idea why the server is not responding.

Is it possible to re-send messages that have not been delivered?

Your server endpoint must respond in 5 seconds or less, or else a timeout will occur. If you are inserting into a database table, you may want to ensure that you don’t have other processes that are ever holding a lock on the table while the server endpoint is attempting to insert.

You can use the form at the top of that “send.rvt” page to generate more testing messages whenever you want to check proper operation. Unfortunately, it is not possible to retry production flight alerts that have already failed.

Endpoint server receive msg and store to db, then sends the message to other server. in web server logs i not see connection :frowning:

FlightXML Push Notification Testing Interface strange work, i receive msg but i see next error:

result =

Service Interruption
We’re sorry, but FlightAware has encountered an unrecoverable error and is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again shortly or wait a few moments. If the problem persists, please contact us.

Error ID: 131105974