PHOTO TAGS: Airport dropdown isn't working.

When I click on the correct airport designator at the dropdown I get an error window…“You must type or select a valid airport code, or select an airport city or name from the list that appears as you type.”
This has not always been the case. It just recently started happening. It is very frustrating. Ther result is that NO airport is filled in at all.
I KNOW that I am entering the correct designator.
Is this happening to anyone else?

What browser?

I guess I’ve been using Internet Explorer 7. I just updated to 8 and it is still doing the same thing.
Don’t tell me it’s my browser, Please. I’ve been using IE forever and I just can’t seem to find anything else that I’m more comfortable with.

It absolutely needs to and should be working in modern IE. I just wanted to know so we know what to test to confirm the bug and a fix.

Phew!~ That’s makes me feel a whole bunch better. I have the utmost faith in you guys.

Are you getting the error entering/not entering the airport code down in the photo tagging area (between Aircraft Type and Airline), or in the “Flight Tracker” box on the left?

Can you list exactly what you’re doing to get that error on a photos tagging page?

I upload a picture. Wait for the thumbnail to be generated. Enter the N# click ADD. Then click on the thumbnail. New page comes up with large picture and the fields for tags. When I get to that point I enter the appropriate airport designation and the drop down choices appear. Presently I can type in the designator and NOT click on the drop down choice and the airport designation will stay entered. If I click on the dropdown choice the error window appears and the designator is deleted.

This is new. It did not happen for the first 100 pictures I uploaded. Now that I know I can type the designator in and ignore the drop down I will do it that way. But again I’m not sure I had that ability when I started this string.

Hope that helps.

Sorry about that! I didn’t read any of the post before I made a new one. Didn’t mean to sound like a broken record when they were already working on the problem.

awesam and ppick, please see the email/private message I sent you.

Thanks for testing awesam.

Both issues should be fixed now. Let me know if you run into any more issues.

Man I hate this. But the only other issue seems to be the “Service Interruption” issue.

flightaware.com/photos/view/1376 … ate/page/2

It kind of negates all the other fixes you have been so diligently working on.
I hear this voice in the background going:(&(*^$%$# U I wish this awesam guy would go away.
I do appreciate your efforts though.
:cry:

Mark,

I uploaded a photo this morning of N751AN, a B772, and when I hit the Save Tags button, I still got the Service Interruption message. I did it on the URL you sent me yesterday to “test” on.

Paul

Just uploaded another pic at 1152. Looks like you got all the bugs worked out of that one! Way To GO!!!
Big BRAVO ZULU to mduell!!!

:smiley:

Hey guys,

Now it’s really-really-really fixed. Let me know if you have any other issues.