Payne Stewart Crash Track

Does anyone have an archived link to the Payne Stewart Lear Jet crash track? The info.is : N47BA 10/25/99 departed ORL @ approx. 0920 EDT bound for DAL. Crashed @ approx. 1211 CDT in Aberdeen, SD.Would like to see this track.I heard they got as high as the 50’s or so at one point.Any info.would be appreciated…Herman.

That’s just a little creepy (and several years before FA).

Wazzu…I did not know F.A. was not around in 99’,thanks for the correction.As for “just a little creepy”,maybe to some but not all. Due to my background of Comm.pilot/Paramedic/ARFF @ IAH,I have a great interest in all aviation incidents/accidents. As you know,we in the aviation community learn valuable incite/information from these reports and investigations. Learning from others circustances and/or mistakes can help us become better pilots and safer in the skies.I have followed this particular accident from day one.The NTSB report clearly indicates what happened,but how and why has not been determined.There are a few theories,one of which is a gradual loss of cabin pressurization,and not a rapid decomp.All of the F-16 pilot reports,along with the loss of ATC comm. timeline seem to support this.Which brings me to another observation/learning point. If the loss of pressure was somewhat gradual,why did the flight crew not recognize this,don their masks and descend/declare an emergency? All of this has always bothered me.I myself have taken NASA’s flight physiology/altitude chamber course.This teaches you personally the experience of hypoxia in a controlled setting.Your body exhibits the various signs & symptoms and this is the info.you walk away with.That way you will recognize your own warning signs of an impending hypoxic event.Slow decompression can be so insideous vs rapid. However,as with most accidents there usually are a few factors that contributed/caused the event.Could even be something we’re not even considering. Anyway, this is why I am so interested in all info. about this crash. The actions of ATC/military/ground track of the Lear etc. Unfortunately we will prob. never know all the pieces of this puzzle.Thanks again…Herman.

When you goto school for the LR-JET you’ll get to see video of this. as well as why it happened and why the 510 system is better then the 450 system.

Some Info Here

And why it is so important during the pre-flight to observe the correct “ON” position of the oxygen valve. It has markings that can be confusing… Those who know the LR35 get what I mean. :wink:

And to make sure it was actually serviced with O2 and not compressed air by some burn-out line kid. I’ve seen it happen. Twice. :smiling_imp:

Thanks to all who responded.I have checked the various links provided for this crash and have gained some great insight into the LR 35 O2 system.This info.helps to somewhat narrow some of the event possibilities and further understand what may have happened.

I think both systems are fine & I find it easier to keep my feet warm with the earlier system.