Password Problem?

New user here and I’m trying to set up my piaware raspberry. Loaded image OK, boots up ok. It will not find my device automatically (to claim, register) so I need to do it manually but when I type in the command “sudo piaware-config -user -password” it will not accept that command and a help screen pops up. I’ve double checked the syntax and it is correct. Any ideas what might be going on and is there any other way to register my device with FA?

Where are you seeing instructions to do that? We need to update them; they are not correct for a PiAware 3 image.

Also it’s not usually recommended to set the username/password, you should just start up your piaware then claim it here: flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/claim

The instructions are on your manual claim page. Here is a snippet from your manual claim page below. When I try to claim automatically it says “Unfortunately, FlightAware hasn’t found a new, unclaimed PiAware connection yet from your IP”, then it says to try manually with HDMI monitor. Are there different instructions for ver 3?

2Configure PiAware with your FlightAware account

From the command line type:

sudo piaware-config -user -password

PiAware will then prompt you for your FlightAware password.

For piaware 3 the equivalent is:

$ piaware-config flightaware-user "your-user-name"
$ piaware-config flightaware-password "your-password"

Ok, that worked, thanks

$ piaware-config flightaware-user “your-user-name”
$ piaware-config flightaware-password “your-password”