PAC 238

I’ve been following the tracks of this regular cargo flight for some time and it displays an odd track path, and consistently reports “En route (no recent position)”. The track updates as the flight progresses. but always has the loop track, no airplane symbol, and the same position report. The track log shows everything normal. Any ideas what’s going on?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PAC238

At least part of this flight occurs outside of FlightAware’s primary service area Learn more about FlightAware’s coverage and service areas here.

Looking at the last 5 PANC to KCVG flights (I only looked at 5), each one shows two tracks - one of which appears to be direct routing.

But why are there 2 tracks? The flight has a flight plan filed which is indicated in the route portion of the Flightaware screen. When I compare what’s here to what’s on fboweb.com (Flightwise) the tracks both seem to be the same, but on Flightwise there’s no direct track shown. Also the actual speed and altitude on the Flightaware screen don’t agree with what’s in the Flightaware track log and graph. Why would they be different? Thanks.

It’s a bug with the FAA sending us positions years in the future and we apply them to every flight for that ident. Working to fix, both the past and going forward.

Thanks for the explanation–most helpful.