Oracle VM with Pi aware on Windows

I will keep that in mind too.
I did go back and edited DUMP1090 options. Since I am running my secondary ADSB set up with Flightaware filter I set the gain to agc. This is allowing me to see approximately 50 more miles. Plus I set the device properties to serial since my V3 dongles I personally edited the serial numbers. There are other options I may change in time.

well true. when a new device is plugged on windoze, system allocates the best driver for that.
usually sees DBVT as sound device and sometimes unable to install Zadig.
for Win 7 the solution is to de-activate the option ‘yes do this auto…’ under devices and printers.
also if a device is ‘seen’ as sound device it will be 'transfered as such to the VM

dev

2 Likes

How can I get the GUI display to show?dump1090-win-screenshot

by opening a ‘Terminal’ window and running there dump1090 --interactive plus any additional commands you may need (like when you printed status above)

1 Like
  1. Stop running instance of dump1090-mutability
    sudo killall dump1090-mutability
    OR
    sudo systemctl stop dump1090-mutability

2. Start dump1090-mutability with following command (dont forget sudo at beginning of command).

sudo /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --interactive --write-json /run/dump1090-mutability
  1. See map at:
    ip-of-pi/dump1090/gmap.html

2. EDIT-1
    To see range circles and center marker on the map, add following arguments to start command in step 2 above
    (replace xx.xxxx and yy.yyyy by your actual latitude and longitude)

--lat xx.xxx --lon yy.yyyy

3. EDIT-2
    To make the data available to feeders (Piaware, FLightradar24, Planefinder etc), add following argument in the command of step 2:

--net

1 Like