Open Letter to Air Traffic Controllers

Following up on Lierbama’s post “NATCA Award Winning”:

Thank you to all the men and women of Air Traffic Control who help us every day.
As pilots we are usually concerned mostly with our own aircraft and forget about the incredible challenges ATC deals with. We complain about vectors, airspeed reductions, and less than direct routes, but should take a moment to remember what a valuable resource these controllers are. When things get really bad, these folks are often the ones who provide that calm voice that helps get the situation back under control.

tinyurl.com/ct445c

Just click on the link above and scroll down to blue box at the bottom.  These recordings are a humbling reminder of exactly how much ATC can help when the world turns brown.

Agreed!

:smiley:

Story written by a student about my local tower.

http://yakimaherald.com/stories/2009/04/03/the-air-traffic-controller?ads=local

Wait a second. I got a hold the other day…ATC sucks!!!

Just kidding, guys. :blush:

Please don’t hold me at SHAFF…Please…

They gave you the SHAFF!!! LOL :laughing:

If you would like to hear more of the past winners from past Archie League Award winners , you can go to the NATCA website and they have achieved them from its inception. The awards began in 2005 for the 2004 calender year. You can view the transcripts or listen to the audio from each of the regions top saves on this site. There are a lot of very interesting situations…

Natca’s website:
natca.org/mediacenter/Archie … 06Main.msp

Archie League was the first Air Traffic Controller in the world, the award is named after him.

Clay