New Pi3 - Dump1090 not running

Hi all

Just before I do a new install to fix this, I have just moved my sdcard from an old Pi B to a new Pi3 B and get these errors. I’m also using a new Pro stick that is working fine on an FR24 Pi.

dump1090 is not running.
faup1090 is not running.
piaware is running.
no program appears to be listening for connections on port 30005.
faup1090 is NOT connected to port 30005.
piaware is connected to FlightAware.
got ‘couldn’t open socket: connection refused’
maybe dump1090 is NOT producing data on port 30005.

Any ideas?

Problem sorted - not enough grunt in the old power supply to run the Pi3 and new dongle :mrgreen:

Did you do anything special when moving the card from the old Pi to the Pi3??
I am planning on doing the same but I read stuff about cloning mac addresses etc.
I would prefer not to do that as I will use the old Pi for something else on the same network.

Currently I feed FlighaAware, FR24 and PlaneFinder with mutability 1.15_dev.

My plan was like this:

1. power off old Pi
  2. Remove card and backup using win32diskimager
  3. Burn same image to new card
  4. Insert new card in Raspberry Pi3
  5. Hope everything works:)

Thanks.

Just don’t clone the MAC and it’ll be fine. People only bother cloning the MAC because they want to retain the old site ID.

Thanks Obj…will I still keep my stats on the FlghtAware website or will it look like a new site?
I would like to keep my stats if possible.

Sites are associated with MACs, so new MAC = new site.

Understood, thanks.

Good stuff… so let me just get this right… I can remove my existing SD card from an ‘old’ Pi2, and place it directly into a ‘new’ Pi3.
Don’t change ‘anything’ and all statistics on FA24 remain current, and continue to update when Pi3 comes on line?
Simples??

TIA Terry UK

@GOTMAX…if you are saving your stats locally, eg in a RRD database then everything will remain.

However, on the Flightaware website you will get a new site id based on the new mac address of the new Pi so you will then have an old and a new “site” registered on the piaware website.

The statistics of the old site will stop on the flightaware website and the statistics of the new site id will start from empty.

If you want no continue to contribute to the original “site” id then you need to clone your mac address.

At least, that is my understanding of it from the earlier explanation.

All understood… thanks again!

I’ve got the same problem, but I’m using the supplied power supply, so that shouldn’t be the problem… any idea’s - disclaimer, I’m a complete noob at all this

i have the same problem but my dump1090 starts 3 mins work then stop message to zero dump1090 stop. i this a firmware problem ? on pi3 with a normal rtl2832 u work it

I am having the same problem on a new setup. Curious if anyone has a resolution or troubleshooting method