New install of Piaware - Doesnt detect my RTL-SDR USB

Hey everyone!
So i installed my RTL-SDR onto my pi 4 and a LS USB shows no device. IT also shows up as not being connected in the status. I dont see any posts about it NOT working.

If lsusb does not show the device then every other attempt will not work as well.

Make sure that the USB connector is properly attached, a little pressing to tighten it might help as well.
Also trying a different USB-Port can give an insight.

Finally it can be a damaged stick.
Are you also using a certified power supply? This is essential as well to avoid side effects

1 Like

Sir, this unit works amazing on my laptop, but when moving to the pi4 it doesnt show up. I assumed it needed drivers or something. I have tried all 4 usb’s and I am NOT plugged into a certified plug but It is name brand. You think its a power issue?
Perhaps a powered usb hub is needed?

That’s just strange … maybe the pi is damaged?

Try this:

sudo dmesg --ctime | grep voltage

If it doesn’t show anything that’s good.

Really hard to say where the issue is …

Nope, if you have a current Raspberry OS installed, the command lsusb should show the device directly. This is on mine using the blue FA stick. The first entry is the stick:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:2832 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2832U DVB-T
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Microchip Technology, Inc. (formerly SMSC) SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Microchip Technology, Inc. (formerly SMSC) SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
1 Like

I can confirm… my issue is power. Used a powered hub from a co worker and its working now.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.