N529pp (BBJ with no winglets and a cargo door)

Anybody know what the deal with this BBJ is? I have never seen one without the winglets. It just went from Dallas to the WEF in Davos.

IF you look closely you can see the outlines of the cargo door directly in front of the left wing.

airliners.net/photo/Untitled … id=1284970

Registered to Wells Fargo Bank so that’s no help.
The cargo door is not unheard of on Boeings but I have no idea why this aircraft has one.

It’s first airworthiness date is in 2007 and the production list does call it a BBJ . I can’t imagine anyone taking the winglets off unless it has something to do with the cargo door. It has made some long flights so it would have to have aux. fuel tanks. Zurich to Fort Worth for those who don’t want to look it up.

The last flight is to Georgetown, Delaware which is where PATS does the tanks as well as interiors and maintenance.

The first BBJ’s did not have winglets, they came a few years later. I think most have been retrofitted.

Other than that I can’t help you.

PORTERJET:
I am 99% sure it is a BBJ from what I have seen on web, and the range makes me believe it has to be, but maybe you are right.

I edited my original post after I found the production list, it is a BBJ.

Airliners.net tip: If you are going to post a link to a picture on airliners.net, use the link shown directly above the picture. It’s much shorter and is what they request you use

That long link you posted is shown above the picture as:

URL (link) to this photo: airliners.net/photo/Boeing-7 … 1454035/L/

Cargo door could be for a quick-change interior.

I don’t think the winglets are standard, although nearly all of them may have them.

The a/c is used for an company called Peregrine Point, LLC and they are doing Pt. 135 VIP/Cargo charters for the BBJ and they also have a G450 for charter. They are based somewhere out of Texas.

Thanks for all the info, including the tip for links to pics on airliners.net

Here is a link to the Dallas Business Journal regarding Peregrine Point.

bizjournals.com/dallas/stori … a=from_rss

I remember reading an article about them.