N2SA crash

Looks like one of (formerly Stanford Aviations) G4s went a lhttp://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/brie … key=1ittle long.%between%

aviation-safety.net/database/rec … 20120212-0

Thanks! :smiley:

What nationality was the crew? Terrible pictures. Why are there always thousands of people standing around in 3rd world countries?

It had an N-number so I’d say they were US

Probably not much else to do. :wink:

flight-africa.com/2012/02/dr … after.html

Minister of Transport Joseph Martin Kitumba said in a statement released late Tuesday that the licenses of Air Katanga Express and Katanga Wings had been suspended as Congolese and American experts investigate the crash of the Gulfstream 3 jet.

That was a G4 look at the motors

Can’t assume that. Many aircraft are operated with crews that are of a different nationality than the registration of the aircraft.

Thats new to me

Examples:
Aeroflot and other Russian carriers: Many aircraft are registered in Bermuda but flown by Russian crew
Singapore, Air Kazakhstan, and many other airlines have aircraft registered to their own countries but operated by ex-partes.

One confirmed from the US, no home town info on the other therepublic.com/view/story/2 … ane-Crash/

Here’s the data on the pilots from the FAA

MARCUS DE LA POER BERESFORD

PO BOX 666
BELLEVUE ID 83313-0666
County: BLAINE
Medical
Medical Class: First, Medical Date: 12/2011
MUST HAVE AVAILABLE GLASSES FOR NEAR VISION.
Certificates
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOTFLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
Date of Issue: 1/6/2009
Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT     Print
Ratings:
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
  AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
  AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

Type Ratings:
A/CE-525S	A/G-IV	A/LR-60	A/LR-JET

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.

GEOFFREY SETH WIENER

4801 LINTON BLVD # 11A-480
DELRAY BEACH FL 33445-6503
County: PALM BEACH
Medical
Medical Class: First, Medical Date: 1/2011
MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.
Certificates
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
Date of Issue: 8/31/2011
Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT     Print
Ratings:
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
  AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
PRIVATE PRIVILEGES
  AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

Type Ratings:
A/G-1159	A/G-IV

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.

Yes it was a G4. The company I used to work for did the interiors on N2SA, N3SA, and N?SA. Two identical G4s & a Hawker. NTSB shows operator as Trident Aviation of Wilmington, Delaware.

The real quizzer in the equation is how many times do guys have to prove that you can’t touch down in the last third of the runway and expect to stop without bending metal! When there is a cliff at the end of the runway, there would be even more incentive to touch down on the first third. Think Charlie West VA. Throw in a couple of knots for the old lady and 1 apiece for the kids and pretty soon you are assured of being fast and long. I have yet to grasp the concept that you can knowingly land an airplane long and expect it to stop short!
Shades of an F-16 at OSH with no cliff.

Sad to see :frowning: