MZ-3A Sighted Today

I was out raking leaves today, and the US Navy’s MZ-3A made an appearance. It was flying around a while, and I got some video and pictures of it. I will post them soon. Quite an interesting experience. Here is a wikipedia on the MZ-3A, for those who are not familiar with it. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Blimp_MZ-3

She got a reprieve and is back operating out of NAES Lakehurst.

I saw that when it made a cross country trip to Yuma, stopped at KSSF.
flightaware.com/photos/view/2417 … tes/page/1

Here is the video I made: MZ-3A Navy Blimp Airship Flying in Central NJ - YouTube)
I can’t help but think that maybe they were doing a little showing off for the camera. They were flying around the same area for a good 5 minutes.

[quote=“TheVetteAvenger”]
Here is the video I made: MZ-3A Navy Blimp Airship Flying in Central NJ - YouTube)
I can’t help but think that maybe they were doing a little showing off for the camera. They were flying around the same area for a good 5 minutes.

Now this is a great video - it doesn’t have that crappy music background that so many people think adds to the video when all it does it take away from it![/quote]

On slideshow videos, I add music because just pictures is somewhat boring. Anything else with engines, though, the sound is the music. It should never be muted. Sound is just as important as the video itself.

Nice video, I hope you waved hello.

MZ-3A sighted again this past Wednesday showing off for the drivers on the New Jersey Turnpike.

youtu.be/QUL47O5IU-c

My wife dropped her iPhone when I had to brake abruptly due to people gawking at the aircraft rather than driving.

I love to watch the Blimps! we used to operate with them while I was on submarines (1951-1955.
They were based at Boca Chica Navel air station just north of Key West.
In anti submarine exercises they would drive us nuts because they could hover over a submerged sub for hours.