B-17 Over New York

Yesterday I was driving to my mechanic and saw a 4 engine prop craft flying East between 3,000-4,000 asl over Staten Island. I was a couple of blocks from the mechanic when I lost site of it but after parking, I was able to see that it was a B-17. It headed out over the Atlantic and made a u-turn back to wards me and flew right over. It really is a majestic craft to see in flight.

I tried looking for any B-17s with the tracking tool but had no luck. Any info on the purpose of the flight or the operator? I doubt it was a military flight so it should be trackable.

I was outside washing my car when the one at FXE this week few over at about 1000agl I wish I had my camera it was pretty cool- even for a jaded pilot like myself

Its N3193G Yankee Air Force, been operating out of Teterboro. NJ. They have had a fly in “Wheels-n-Wings” over the weekend, its now heading back to Willow Run.

Here she is on final for 19 at TEB yesterday morning.

60 plus and still looks like a queen. :slight_smile:

That’s a quality built American product. The main ingredient was pride. Hard to find these days. But then we don’t build anything here anymore.

Awesome plane… Coming to CXO in december!

What an amazing plane indeed. Not the biggest, not the best, not the safest but that was the face of America in WWII. Heck, it still is in present day.

Thank you for the information.