Mobile Regional Airport-Unusual Jet-Military?

Hi, I was at the mobile regional airport on thursday, or friday January 13, 2007 and heard an unusual jet. It sounded more like a fighter/military aircraft than any other jet. Would anyone have a clue as to what type it was? And also, how do I go back and view past flight history with this flight aware historY?
Thanks,
Aviation Enthusiast
D.Davis

Welcome to the Discussion Forum, fozzy!

To get past flight histories, all you have to do is register and log in at flightaware.com. The flight-tracking site is a different site from the Discussion Forum site and you could be logged in here without being logged in there.

As for finding a military jet at the Mobile airport, FlightAware does not track most military aircraft because they aren’t in the data feed from the FAA. You might not be able to find an answer to the question here.

[quote=“fozzybear032276”]
Hi, I was at the mobile regional airport on thursday, or friday January 13, 2007 and heard an unusual jet. It sounded more like a fighter/military aircraft than any other jet. Would anyone have a clue as to what type it was? And also, how do I go back and view past flight history with this flight aware historY?
Thanks,
Aviation Enthusiast
D.Davis[/quote]

January 13th was Saturday. If you were hanging around the Mobile Airport for the past three days, and would like to check past flight history, click on the links below.

flightaware.com/live/airport/KBFM

flightaware.com/live/airport/KMOB

Check out the departures and arrivials for the past few days.

Unless the airport you were at was indeed " mobile ", than it was most likely an aircraft carrier. Most military flights cannot be tracked here. :wink:

waga waga!

Its actually impossible to tell what type of aircraft since military flights cant be tracked,unless you heard corresponding radio traffic at the time,in that case the callsign would give you a clue also whether they used VHF or UHF radio there is a base nearby that does have the C-21a,miltary designator for the Learjet 35.There are also several Navy bases down in that area that use jet trainers.Impossible to tell without a callsign there are so many military jets.