lost power during the storm and can't get back in

I’m running vers 2.1-5. we lost power fri eve before the storm, and have not been able to get back in. in the past I have had password issues so I changed my password, but now I can not get it changed locally. I have tried piaware-configure --password “pswdxxx” and sudo piaware-configure -password “pswdxxx” with and without the quotes, and get the list back, as if I was not using a properly formatted command. so I’m pretty sure I have a password problem but don’t know how to change it. pls help. I can see the raspberry on the wireless network, so that looks ok. I am getting a cgroups missing warning message in the startup sequence, not sure if that is important or not. I have a pic of the startup sequence and will try to get it on dropbox, then post the link here. if theres a shorter way to post images in this forum I would appreciate hearing about it.
how should I go about getting my pi back on line? a phone call is a possibility on this end.

thanks,
bill

heres a link to the jpg of the startup sequence…

dropbox.com/s/v2axzeeh8hdcf … 0.jpg?dl=0

The right command for 2.x is “sudo piaware-config -password yourpassword”, after logging in as the “pi” user.

But:

a) you usually do not need to set a username and password, let piaware authenticate by MAC, I would recommend clearing username and password unless there is a good reason to keep them;
b) now would be a good time to reimage with 3.x unless you have a strong reason not to (support for 2.x is limited)

i set both user and password to “”.
I got a list of options after each, I suppose that’s proper.
I can see activity from the raspberry pi on my router.
its still not logging in.
what do I need to do to troubleshoot this?
if I can get it communicating, my next step will be to upgrade to vers 3, but I would like to see it talking…
edit… the mac address shown on my main page, is that the addy of my household modem or the wireless plugin on the raspberry?
yet more edit… I ask this because theres nothing around here with that mac addy.

thanks,
bill

run ipconfig and check to see if the mac is for eth0 on the rpi. That is what FA uses to id your site.

a few minutes with google and I was able to understand what u meant.
ran ifconfig on the raspberry pi and sure enough the mac addy listed as eth0 matches whats on my home screen.

thanks much, I’m a bit farther along. whats my next step?

bill

I found some old notes that showed me how to check the log. saw that it was a password issue. I tried three or four times to set the user and password to null but I guess I did not have it right. anyway thanks for the info. I’m moving data once again.

bill