Lost MLAT?

It’s negligible for 99% of the hardware used as all RPi2 and later have 4 cores and the extra CPU usage isn’t an issue.

The first thing i’d recommend removing is adsbexchange-stats as that’s not required to contribute data.
Equally you could stop the tar1090 service which uses CPU or remove the graphs :wink:

But that’s just how it is once the system is over the edge CPU wise something needs to go so much is clear!

1 Like

In my opinion Ver 4.0 should not take more resources than Ver 3.8.1. However my attempt to test install failed as my 64-bit PC wont let me install 32-bit i386 OS. Please see this post:

https://discussions.flightaware.com/t/announcing-piaware-4-0/69506/285

1 Like

Thanks, @wiedehopf. I disabled and removed adsbexchange-stats also (which for some reason has its own uninstall script). I don’t appear to have the tar1090 service. Remove the graphs? Never!! They are the coolest thing since sliced bread! You are to be congratulated for implementing them. They are really excellent.
I believe what you said about RPi 2 and greater not having an issue w/ CPU spikes, but for those of us who persist in defying the Laws of Physics (and run piaware on a VM on an absurdly anemic host), it is indeed necessary to be aware of the “edge CPU wise”.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.