Look what Fbo web is doing with their tracker!

Look what the people at FBO web sent me in my email (yes, i did have onece a trial subscription that allowed me to see the same stuff here, only they wanted money)

WHATS NEW WITH FBOWEB.COM? DECEMBER 1, 2005

**** This special announcement is being sent out to all users because some folks are
stil using the old version of the website. Please update your bookmarks; see the
newsletter below for more information. **** Sorry for the intrusion!

fboweb.com is the Internet’s most popular web-based flight tracking service.
In addition to flight tracking, fboweb.com offers a vast array of free tools
and features for pilots, aviation industry organizations, and the casual
aviation enthusiast. Search for and obtain information on Airports,
their runways, frequencies, diagrams, FBOs and Services, fuel prices,
and much more. You can also look up aircraft N-Numbers, obtain weather
information, view current RVR data for major airports around the US, and
of course - track commercial and general aviation flights anywhere in
the US! And its all available online, or wirelessly, from-the-field,
using most handheld PDA devices…!

Recent news:

1. ITS TIME TO KICK IT UP A NOTCH! THE NEW WEBSITE IS ONLINE!

2. TRACK FLIGHTS IN 3D, REAL-TIME WITH GOOGLE EARTH!

3. IMPROVED AIRPORT STATUS DISPLAY, GREAT FOR FBO LOBBIES AND FLIGHT DEPTS

4. NEED TO TRACK BLOCK FLIGHTS THAT YOU OWN OR OPERATE? NO PROBLEM!

5. ADDITIONAL EXCITING ANOUNCEMENTS DUE OUT IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!

6. GREAT MEETING EVERYONE AT NBAA 2005 ORLANDO! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

7. SEND US YOUR WEBSITES! ADD YOUR SITE TO OUR LINKS DATABASE

8. TOOLS FOR YOUR AVIATION WEBSITE; CURRENT IFR TRAFFIC COUNT, AIRSPACE
    ANIMATION VIDEOS!

9. THANKS TO THE FBOs AND PILOTS FOR KEEPING US UP-TO-DATE

1. ITS TIME TO KICK IT UP A NOTCH! THE NEW WEBSITE IS ONLINE!

Back in 2000, Aviation Data Systems unleashed fboweb.com, the worlds first
completely web-based flight tracking system. Since that time, we have pioneered
some of the most innovative and creative solutions for the aviation community, and
that creativity and excitement is what has lead us to be the most popular flight
tracking system available.

Our old website, while it served its purpose, was falling short on its capabilities,
and we felt that we needed to greatly alter both the functionality of the site and
the overall image we portrayed. That evolution has finally come to fruition, and
is now online at www.fboweb.com - so if you’re still using the old system, be sure to
go to www.fboweb.com and update all of your bookmarks to point to the most recent
pages for the features of your choice.

The new site has a completely new look-and-feel, and condenses the numerous menu
tabs down to five main categories; Flight Tracking, Aero Info, Pilot Services,
Scheduling and Dispatch, and Operations. All of the features previously offered on
the old web site are re-organized, and can be found within these categories.

The obvious one, Flight Tracking services, stays pretty much the same.

The Aero Info section holds all features that pertain to aeronautical information, such
as the Airport information, N-Number registration lookups, weather information, and
other tools.

The Pilot Services tab contains all of the useful features and tools that are geared
specifically towards pilots, including the ability to file and maintain flight plans
online (a free service!) as well as the Pilot’s Logbook service. Stay tuned for some
exciting announcements in this area…!

The Scheduling and Dispatch system will eventually house our schedule management system
once it is complete.

The Operations menu is great for charter companies, airlines, FBOs, and other
businesses, and provides management tools to aid in productivity and the operation of
your organization. From here, Charter Companies can create 3rd party tracking packets
to help their clients track the trips easily and automatically, and FBOs can update
their fuel prices and other specifics about their operation.

In addition to these main categories, the home page of fboweb.com is now a completely
customizable portal, where you can get statistical information about the US airspace
system, view a snapshot of nationwide and local weather, and get a quick-glance view of
aircraft in your FleetWatch lists.

Of course, the services detailed above reflect just a small portion of whats available
on fboweb.com - and there’s a whole lot more to come :slight_smile: Stay tuned to the fboweb.com
home page for the latest news and information about the site…!

1. TRACK FLIGHTS IN 3D, REAL-TIME WITH GOOGLE EARTH!

You may remember that last year, fboweb.com teamed up with the Google Developers to
provide special integration on their web search engine so that users can track flights
directly from the Google home page. Well now we’ve furthered that relationship, and
have begun integrating fboweb.com with Google Earth. Definitely one of the most exciting
features we’ve announced in recent days, you can now opt to track flights using this
amazing 3D mapping application that is freely downloadable via earth.google.com.

To test it out, download and install Google Earth, and click your web browser to
fboweb.com/antest/ge/intro.aspx and check out a view of live flights headed in
to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). This demo is available now, but over the next
two weeks, fboweb.com will be unveiling many more features that integrate with Google
Earth, including the ability to access historical flight information on any IFR flight
dating back to November of 2001 - see the entire flight in complete detail, complete with
its flight path and altitude information. This is definitely an amazing feature to see
first hand. Special thanks to the folks at Google for making this tool available.

1. IMPROVED AIRPORT STATUS DISPLAY, GREAT FOR FBO LOBBIES AND FLIGHT DEPTS

fboweb.com has greatly improved its’ “Airport Status Display” feature. This feature,
great for FBO lobbies and aviation dispatch offices, provides a full-screen flight
tracking snapshot, updating once every minute. The snapshot includes a map of the
surrounding area, as well as a text-based listing of flights, with arrival and
departure times. The screen now expands depending on the size of the browser, so if you
have a full-screen plasma, for example, you can expand the page to fit the entire screen.
You can also sell advertising on this banner page and earn revenue from this display!
Contact service@fboweb.com for additional information.

1. NEED TO TRACK BLOCK FLIGHTS THAT YOU OWN OR OPERATE? NO PROBLEM!

We’ve had numerous requests from users in the past who wish to track flights that they
own or operate that have been blocked under the NBAA’s BARR program. fboweb.com can
configure the site so that you and any account you choose are able to track these
blocked flights, while still leaving them invisible to the general public. This
service is provided at no additional cost, and is included in your tracking subscription.
For additional details on the BARR program, click to:
fboweb.com/fb40/pu/info/barr.aspx
For information on how to view your blocked flights, click to:
fboweb.com/fb40/pu/info/viewblocked.aspx

1. ADDITIONAL EXCITING ANOUNCEMENTS DUE OUT IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!

Now that the new website is finally online, there has been little rest for the
fboweb.com development crew; we’ve been hard at work at some amazing flight tracking
tools which will provide some pretty amazing functionality. Stay tuned to the
fboweb.com home page for news on these forthcoming services!

1. GREAT MEETING EVERYONE AT NBAA 2005 ORLANDO! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

A special thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth… it was great meeting
everyone, and it was especially useful hearing everyone’s feedback and wish-
lists! We were a little suprised at the outpouring of thanks from all of the
users for providing fboweb.com… and we’d like to thank you all for being
great customers, and for providing us with your feedback! You are what help
us make the site more useful and beneficial, so keep the ideas and suggestions
coming…! See you next year at NBAA 2006 in Orlando!

1. SEND US YOUR WEBSITES! ADD YOUR SITE TO OUR LINKS DATABASE

In our continuing quest to grow our database of aviation-related sites, we’re
sending out the call to all of our users to submit your entries for our Links
database. If you know if a great aviation-related website, enter it in so we
can list it online! To Add a link, or to see our current listing, point your
browser to fboweb.com/fb40/pu/links/links2.aspx …and thanks for
your contributions…!

1. TOOLS FOR YOUR AVIATION WEBSITE; CURRENT IFR TRAFFIC COUNT, AIRSPACE
    ANIMATION VIDEOS!

Do you currently run an aviation-related website? If so, you may be able to
benefit from some of the website air-traffic tools we have available. Our
offering is a banner that displays the current count of IFR flights due
inbound for a particular airport. These banners are free for everyone to
use!

Also available are some amazing animated, time-lapse videos of US and UK airspace
over the previous 24 hour period, compiled automatically once per hour. These
videos are amazing to look at, and can give you some amazing insight to the
flow of air traffic over the course of a day.

For more information, point your browser to fboweb.com/fb40/pu/tools.aspx

1. THANKS TO THE FBOs AND PILOTS FOR KEEPING US UP-TO-DATE

As always, thanks to the thousands of fboweb.com users (now over 121,000 strong!) who
keep our information updated. If you have information on FBOs or fuel prices, be
sure to stop by your airport’s page and plug it all in! FBOs who update their fueld
prices are listed directly on the home page for additional exposure to tens of
thousands of aviation consumers!

I just logged on FBO webs flight tracking section and I was feeling hopeful that they had eliminated the price for the airspace navigator (same thing as what you have here). when i clicked on the icon, it said

"This service is part of the **Basic Flight Tracking **service, and requires users to purchase a subscription of $9.95 per month.

For more information, click here."

what a riot! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi-larious. fboweb seems to just be a hodgepodge of partially implemented and abandoned services. I’ve taken a look at their site and from what I can tell, all the recent features are just weak Flight Aware rip-offs, most of which you have to pay for. I guess the only people they can fool are folks that haven’t heard of FlightAware; it’s hard to imagine anyone else keeping a straight face, much less pulling out their wallet! Anyway, based on the number of Google results for fboweb vs flightaware and the activity on these forums vs theirs, I think it’s clear who is actually the most popular.

Edited to add: Oh my god – I just saw that if you google for flightaware, an fboweb ad shows up and says, “The web-based flight tracker your friends told you about” – they must be desperate!

This forum post reminds me, does anyone know the best way to cancel my fbo web account? I have been a member for a few years and didn’t know about flight aware. I tried to get on there a couple weeks ago to cancel (when i found out about flight aware) but got some kind of system error.

Hmmm…seems there is always a error when you want out

yeah, but the one good thing they have going for them is a zoomable map. The map box has handles that look like you can move north, south, east and west but that does not work. At least you can zoom in though. That is about the only thing they have on their side.

bruce

yeah, but the one good thing they have going for them is a zoomable map. The map box has handles that look like you can move north, south, east and west but that does not work. At least you can zoom in though. That is about the only thing they have on their side

Yeah, but not for long, soon we will have that and much better technolegy then those greedy money hoarding pigs at FBO web, who think that they should charge people with a BASIC account 9 bucks just to see a local radar map, when we can see the same thin for free. :smiling_imp: 8) :laughing: :smiley: :slight_smile: :astonished:

best way to cancel my fbo web account?

Send them an e-mail or use their online chat with tech support. I had no problem with dropping my account.

They are good in concept but not in practice. I dropped them not only because of FlightAware (actually, that was the major reason) but also because their system was sloooooow.