Lear Jet to Make Emergency Landing at Hamilton Airport

Just heard on the radio that a lear jet without landing gear is going to be making an emergency landing at Hamilton, Ontario in a few minutes.

flightaware.com/live/flight/CFRJZ

thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/717608

Seems to have landed. Here’s the permanent url: flightaware.com/live/flight/CFRJ … /CYHM/CYHM

Landed without incident, reported loss in hydraulic pressure twenty minutes after departure from CYHM.

This is the same jet that was substantially damaged when it came down short in Fox Harbour Nova Scotia - descending into the tree line, and then full power - landing safely but damaged!!!

aviation-safety.net/database/rec … 20000322-1

and its the same passenger - Mike Joyce who was the passenger onboard the Global Express XRS that was destroyed in a botched landing also at Fox Harbour Nova Scotia.

aviation-safety.net/database/rec … 20071111-0

Apparently, after C-FRJZ landed, Mr. Joyce merely stated he’d been delayed, and boarded another jet for Calgary.

Sure looks like an Astra SPX to me.

You are correct, Israeli Aircraft Industries 1125A Astra SPX.

I used to enjoy flying this one, a straight SP, Serial No. 67.

Plane of Tim Hortons co-founder makes emergency landing

Globe and Mail Article

:laughing: I love how every all private jets are a “Learjet”. :unamused:

Those Tim Horton boys just can’t stay under the radar with their operations…

If handled properly by the crew, the loss of the main hyd system in the IA-1125 isn’t that big of a deal…except for fixing it and cleaning up the mess… :open_mouth:

That’s rather, um. bright, Champdriver… You couldn’t miss her on the ramp huh? :wink:

Yeah, we could spot that baby on the ramp day or night. It’s one those that you either love it or hate it.
The owner called it his “going to the sun” plane, we brought his family from MSP to Grand Cayman and back many times.

I just realized…that I know that airplane! I’m guessing here, but did your owner trade it to the “Big G”?

It ended up based at PHX before it went to it’s current owner, and I flew it on fill-in contract.

That guy might want to invest in a nice locomotive and a couple of Pullman cars!

Yeah, he bought a GII because the size of his family out grew the plane and he liked the speed.
I thought it went to Palwaukee IL first , because the owner/operator called me once and asked me if I wanted to fly it.

Hmmm, I’ll have to think back to when the owner out here upgraded from a IA-1124. What time frame did your owner trade it?