Jay-Z in a Plane Crash??

From TMZ.com a celebrity web site:

Rumors have been swirling this morning that rapresario Jay-Z (aka Sean Carter) was in a plane crash this morning.

TMZ has confirmed that a small plane registered to a citizen of Dublin, GA crashed near Asheville, NC in the Smoky Mountains. The FAA tells TMZ that the four-seat propeller plane did go down this morning, but could not provide any additional details.

At this time, TMZ has been unable to confirm if Jigga Man was on the plane, and his reps did not immediately return our request for comment.

Sources tell TMZ that he was on his way to Vegas this weekend to take in the Mayweather - de la Hoya fight.

From TMZ.com

UPDATE: TMZ has confirmed that Jay-Z WAS NOT aboard the plane. The three aboard the plane were white men.

1977 CESSNA 182Q
Fixed wing single engine
(4 seats / 1 engine) GARNER STEVEN R
DUBLIN, GA
(Partnership) Standard/Normal 18265344
Aircraft Details

Was this the plane?

Here is a link to a local Asheville news story.

The plane you describe is N735DP and was in the area of the crash at about the time of the crash.

Hmmmm Jay - Z goin to vegas :wink: i wonder how much his bets are goin to be on the fight? lol i bet 200 on Oscar , i bet his bets are waaaaaay bigger than mine lol.

But on a serious note , that sucks that plane crashed. Did all 3 die? I hope not. How did they think that plane, that Jay - Z might have been on it? How did the mixup happen?

I believe all 3 aboard did die.
I’m not sure if the plane is infact the one in the link above…I was told that he was scud running and was not on an IFR flight plan but that information could be incorrect.

No prelim data here origin.www.faa.gov/data_statisti … nary_data/

Look in Monday’s listing. The database is updated on weekdays only. If the accident happened on Friday then it will probably show up on Monday.

how is jay-z related to this crash?

Poor journalism, apparently.