Hardcore Ferry Flight

Found this Cessna 208 apparently doing a transpacific routing via Hawaii and the Marshall Islands and Guam etc.

flightaware.com/live/flight/N48J … /PKMJ/PGUM

Has anyone else found any other epic single engine transoceanic flights?

BTW good article here about flying a Cessna 150 across the North Atlantic

cessna150-152.com/transatlantic.htm

sorry, cant provide insight, but that tom really knows how to maintain his aircraft… nice to see a single doing that

Ferry flights are done all the time. The Caravan with ferry tanks might actually allow the pilot to breathe during the flight.

Bill Cox’s blogspot about the trip showing his progress and route.

share.findmespot.com/shared/face … G9RDCC3Ivt

We get them from time to time, it seems they go to PGSN most of the time though. Winds have been a little different because of a typhoon that past by us last week.

last year we got a mooney that was piloted by two women on an around the world flight for charity. They were on a PHOG-PGUM leg, nonstop :astonished: :open_mouth:

those are some long legs. How do you keep from going crazy on a 15 hour leg? that’s 2 meals, at least 4-6 time to piss and if you are on my high fiber diet… well I’ll leave the rest to your imagination.
I hope dude gets paid well to do that cause it’s not something I’d do “just for the experience”.

A few months ago a couple of Air Tractor Fire Boss 802 ferried from Oakland - HNL to New Guinea. Longest leg exceeded 12 hrs. An associate told me they have a mod that allows the hopper to be used as a ferry tank.