"Goats and sheep chow down on weeds at SeaTac"

An interesting article from USA Today. I guess Seattle is using the goats and sheep to graze on hard to reach places on the airport. I wonder how they will control the location of the animals? I mean, we wouldn’t want sheep running out on the runway.

LINKIE to story

GOAT TRIMMERS Web site

Some DOT’s use goats to trim down the sides of their highways instead of the standard prisoner. Maybe easier to contain the goats than the felons.

At Sea-Tac you’re more likely to hit a bear on the runway then a goat.

Most airports have a significant amount of unimproved land around them. Although Sea-Tac doesn’t have as much as some, there is still alot of vacant land to the North (very steep hill on short approach to rwys16) West and South (look at a map between 200th and 216th streets where they bought up all the houses).

:laughing:

WTF? A bear? have you ever been to the Sea-Tac airport? it’s as urban as Regan or DFW. Wow way to know the PNW.

Do they not have irony on your planet?

ACTUALLY- I moved to South Florida, no one has a sense of humor OR a sense of irony. kinda Ironic huh?

Now you’re being sardonic to entrap us!

Lots of bears living around Sea-Tac.

This incident took place on the south end of Sea-Tac. Sadly the wildlife biologist mentioned in the article was struck by a helicopter rotor a year ago, while on the job. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/317430_bearloose26.html

Not to glamorize it, but how in the heck does a person get struck by a helictoper rotor. I mean, it’s not hard to see.

They were working on a slope relocating bighorn sheep.