GMT

I realize we can choose GMT within our profile but since GMT seems to often used in flight times (not sure why that is not UTC?) could GMT be shown all the time within the header information as well as our own zone?

I’m not sure I understand the request. Can you explain?

Since sometimes flights for individual aircraft are logged using GMT it would be useful to know what it is. Near the top of the screen it gives us our local time (in my case EDT) but there is room to show GMT along the same line I think. Since everyone has a local time it might help if the GMT was also shown just so that we can work out times of arrivals etc. in the case of GMT showing up in the flight data.

Does that help?

Airports with unknown timezones are displayed in GMT. The real solution here is to expand our airport timezone database. What airport(s) are you seeing GMT at?

I keep checking this thread to see what I am missing: Are you looking for just a heading of what the originating time zone is…or am I still missing the main idea for an enhancement?

If I understand, he’s looking for the time in GMT to be at the top of every page.

If I understand, he’s looking for the time in GMT to be at the top of every page.

Yes - that is the idea - after this part as shown:

Often times are “mixed” as EDT and GMT and that means the math has to be done and I confess having it there would make things simpler. Having created and run web sites I will understand if that is an added pain!

All flight plans are filed using UTC (aka GMT). I’d like to have an option to display estimated and actual times of departure and arrival for all flights in UTC rather than local time zones.

Go to “My FlightAware” (well, not “My FlightAware” but your “My FlightAware”) and make changes there.

The link is at the top right corner. You should also click on the “questions/answers” link there to learn more about FlgihtAware.

I did change those settings, but them seem not to have an effect on the display of ETD/ATD, ETA/ATA, etc. For example, I still see a mix of local and UTC time zones when I display activity for an airport.

Make sure the following is done:
-Time zone is set to GMT
-The field adjacent to the time zone box is set to “display flights in my time zone”

That will do the trick.