George W Bush

After the inauguration today what plane did he depart Andrews on? Was it Air Force One? I do not believe it was because last week there was a news story about him making his last ride on Air Force One.

It was the 747-200 known as Air Force One but because he was no longer the President at the time it was not called that. It was called Special Flight 28000.

Dave

Enroute Midland, TX. Above average level of activity there today http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KMAF

His last flight on Air Force One - using that designation - was from Norfolk, Virginia, to Washington, after the launching of the aircraft carrier U.S.S.
George H.W. Bush. He will fly on the aircraft today, but as he is not the
current president, it will use the callsign Special Air Mission (SAM) 28000, or 29000, if the backup aircraft is used.

Does anyone know the departure time from Andrews, and/or the arrival
time at Midland?

Why would he going to Midland?

His ranch is in Crawford…just west of Waco. And his new house is in Dallas.

Good question. My guess is that KACT doesn’t have the capacity to handle a VC-25, let alone B747. KMAF has long enough runways, but KAUS is closer and can handle both. Good question.

BL.

Waco has been handling the heavy iron for 8 years. He went to Midland for a rally in his hometown. Then they were going to the ranch.

http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=9704357&nav=menu505_1

KCNW is where he normally goes.

That splains it… A short stop at MAF then on to KCNW as the “last ride”.

You are correct sir.

i believe the military designation for 747 when no president is on board is sam 28000 or what ever the tail number is. I think??

yep you think hes buying a G550 or a lear. anyone knows what he flew in before he was gov. and prez???

didnt see your post there. I said same thing a few posts at bottom of page, sorry for repeating your info. thanks

[quote=“globemaster”]

I’m not aware of him ‘having’ anything before. He came here while Governor (early in the Presidential saber-rattling) in a Gulfstream which may have been owned by a large government field services contracting firm.

yup that means he will have secret service protection, till he leaves this earth god bless GW Bush

GWB will only receive secret service protection for the next 10 years. He is the first president that this change goes into affect with.

when did this take effect? former prez only has 10 years after getting out???

From the Secret Service website:

“In 1965, Congress authorized the Secret Service (Public Law 89-186) to protect a former president and his/her spouse during their lifetime, unless they decline protection. In 1997, Congress enacted legislation (Public Law 103-329) that limits Secret Service protection for former presidents to 10 years after leaving office. Under this new law, individuals who are in office before January 1, 1997, will continue to receive Secret Service protection for their lifetime. Individuals elected to office after that time will receive protection for 10 years after leaving office. Therefore, President Clinton will be the last president to receive lifetime protection.”