Gene Simmons

Okay - I’ve searched the forum and the FAA registry for the following:
Witz (his true last name)
Klein (changed to his mother’s maiden name before Simmons)
Simmons (of course)
Abramson (his partner at “Simmons Abramson Marketing”)
Shannon Tweed (his “significant other” of 22 years)

I found hundreds under Simmons, but comparing plane types to possible names pretty much eliminated that possibility, but I’d have to go through all names/planes in the registry and check FA for a POSSIBLE known flight…

I know he’s got his own plane (or did at one time). Does ANYBODY know his plane’s tail number?

Who is Gene Simmons? (Yea, I know I could Google it but I think in a space like this people should say "football player (or baseball or train engineer) Gene’s aircraft is what?)

Just because you know who he is doesn’t mean everyone does.

Back to the meat of your topic:
His aircraft could be blocked, registered under a company name like 123 LLC, or he could even use something like Netjets.

COME ON DAMI!!!

GENE SIMMONS…

LORD OF ROCK…

EVERY WOMAN’S DREAM TONGUE…

MEMBER OF ONE OF THE GREATEST ROCK BANDS OF ALL TIME, KISS…

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT, MAN!!!

Oh PUH-LEEEEeeeez… Are you telling me that you don’t know who Gene Simmons is? :open_mouth: If not, you need to crawl out from under your rock someday :unamused:

No need to google - he’s the one on the left!
http://www.kissonline.com/news/index.php?mode=fullstory&id=3814

And here’s his Web page:
http://www.genesimmons.com/

I’m sincerely sorry if you’ve led such a sheltered life that you have not been exposed to the likes of one of the most notorious rock legends of all time. I just assumed his name was every bit as well-known as John Travolta and Donald Trump…

Understood! I’ve been here long enough to know this fact. I’m just wondering if anyone here knows anything more than I can find elsewhere…

…I believe the proper english for your question is, “Who’s Gene Simmons?” (not “whose”)
http://www.stthomas.edu/jour/apstyle/whos_whose.html

My first thought was that you meant either Richard Simmons or the brother of Richard Simmons (no, I don’t know if he has a brother named Gene).

No, my musical taste leans toward good music, not KISS, U2, or similar crap.

Here’s what I like, in no particular order:
Classic Country (Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, etc.)
Broadway Musicals
Jazz
Big Band
Rock-n-roll (no, not the crap that passes for rock-n-roll today but the stuff from the 1950’s & 1960’s & very early 1970’s)
Easy Listening (Carpenters, Cap’t & Tenille, and, yes, Barry Manilow)

…I believe the proper english for your question is, “Who’s Gene Simmons?” (not “whose”)

So noted, so corrected. Thanks.

Was I mistaken when I read that you have a girlfriend, Dami? Seen any good musicals, lately? :smiling_imp: Just kidding, I’m sure you’re a real he-man, like…Rock Hudson. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :wink:
Minus 10 points for you!! My MOTHER knows who Gene Simmons is, and she’s not exactly a KISS fan.

Only the fact that you left out Barbra Streisand keeps you from being offically declared gay Dave! :wink:

I do not like Streisand - she is a (&(& hypocritical lily livered liberal idiot. Good thing I don’t like her, eh, or else my girlfriend would have to convert me back to the straight and narrow (and if any woman could convert a gay dude, my girlfriend could!).

First of all, if I was talking about Richard Simmons (or his brother), then I WOULD have stipulated “homosexual fitness guru” before the name. I just had no idea that Gene Simmons required the designation of “Rock Legend” in front of his name. It’s simply understood!

And since we’re taking this off topic from the tail number of Gene Simmons’s airplane to our personal musical tastes, let me just say this about that:

I love hard rock from the 60’s, 70’s and some of the 80’s - Bands like Led~Zeppelin, Kiss, Yes (yes, there’s a band called “YES”), Rush (there’s also one called “Rush”), The Who (Yes, THE WHO), Pink Floyd. The fact that I typically limit my listening to bands of this era/genre/style or whatever does not preclude me from knowing that there are other musicians out there like Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Ritchie, Kenny G., Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Lorretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Benny Goodman, Frank Sinatra, Gene Krupa, Tommy Dorsey, Snoop Dogg, M.C. Hammer, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Wolfgang Amadeaus Mozart, Antonio Vivaldi (who I think is the Eddie Van Halen of his time), Ludwig van Beethoven, Bach, Handel, Wagner, Luciano Pavarotti (what a v<ing voice…). I own CDs from ALL of the above-listed names, and more! …okay, maybe not anything from Johnny Paycheck or Snoop Dogg, but I still know they’re out there!

Yes, I did in fact use google in making this list, but ONLY to get proper spelling of the names where needed…

If I know all of these names, then, well… all I can say is God help you!
There’s a whole wide world of great music that you’re missing out on. Yes and Pink Floyd have some really beautiful mellow songs, as do most of the other bands I listen to. In fact, “Beth”, one of Kiss’s biggest hits, is sung by the drummer and has no drums, bass or guitar - only an orchestral string section providing the music. The next track after that song on the studio album (Makin’ Love") kicks ass though - you probably wouldn’t like it :wink:

I knew who kiss was, I don’t know the names of the individuals of the band. I just like to listen to music that I like but that doesn’t mean I need to know the names of the individuals. I like Fleetwood Mac quite a bit but I couldn’t tell you the names of the members to save my life. Same thing with the Rolling Stones - although I can tell you the name of the dead person in the group (Richard Keith).

Shannon’s been his significant other for 23 years now.

I noticed you hadn’ t used "Eugene"in your search for Simmons’ plane so I tried that but no luck. Tried “GS” but there was too many to figure it out.

One other thing: he could have his aircraft registered in the Cayman Islands (VR-C), Bermuda (VR-B), or some other overseas locale.

That must be a boulder you’ve been living under… :laughing:
You’ve heard of Kiss as you’ve heard of the Rolling Stones… I believe the Stones member you’re trying to refer to is Keith Richards who is very much alive (although banging desperately on death’s door [as death will no doubt answer at any time now]). The most famous of the Stones is the singer Mick Jagger. It’s like If you’ve heard of the Stones, then you HAVE to know who Mick Jagger is - just as if you’ve ever heard of Kiss, then you HAVE to know who Gene Simmons is!

Anything over 20 years is a blur… 22, 23… whatever - it’s a long time to be UNmarried

I scrolled all through the Simmons list browsing past aircraft that are obviously not private jets, which took me past the E’s without thinking about Eugene - but that’s good thinkin’ I never thought of.

He very well may use NetJets or other charter service. I’d thought I’d heard a long time ago that he had one of his own, but could’ve been incorrect. Still, you’d think the guy would have one!

Overseas registration… how popular and complicated would that be with rich US citizen celebs? Is it a rare, complex, legal thing, or do a lot of rich US citizens do it?

All kidding aside, thanks for your help… :smiley:

Not difficult at all and common among both aircraft and large yachts.

Nose, you have to learn to have some sympathy for those unfortuantes who are musically challenged.

I have all of the sympathy in the world for Dami! I am utterly confounded by how challenged he really is…

I mean, for me, it’s like I’m a rich, sheltered kid living in the Hamptons all of my life, let loose out on the streets of New York for the first time and seeing a beggar. I just never knew such people existed!! :blush:

I have to stop and stare and wonder, “How can this be?”

Not a good analogy, we have beggars in the Hamptons too!

They summer there and winter in Miami Beach…

And no, that wasn’t a joke!

But I see your point, sometimes you can only shake your head in wonderment and amazement.

But I’m sure there are lots of things Dave knows that we don’t.

Like what colors compliment pomegranate and puce! :wink:

Could you possibly be referring to Keith Richards, of coconut-plunging fame? :wink:

Once again, I go to the book of quotes by Robin Williams

On Keith Richards:

"I know there’s a cure for bio terrorism or whatever it is.
And it lies within Keith Richards, I know that.
He is the only man on the planet
who can go: “Anthrax? All right…”
Doesn’t go with my E. cola, but f***…!
Keith is the only man who can make the Osbornes look fing Amish.
I’ve seen him going to a drug dealer who said: “I’m out, man!”
“I have nothing left.”
Supposedly he goes to Switzerland and changes his blood.
Not like one pike, but like a f
ing Chevrolette, all of it.
I just wanna know who gets his blood?
Some old Swiss man going:
“You’ve gotta go on tour, bitch!”
“We gotta pay for mixed babies.”
We may all be dead and gone,
Keith will still be there with five cockroaches.
He’ll be going, “I smoked your uncle, did you know that?”

Also, Denis Leary from “No Cure for Cancer:”
“I was reading an interview with Keith Richards in a magazine and in the interview Keith Richards intimated that kids should not do drugs. Keith Richards! Says that kids should not do drugs! Keith, we can’t do any more drugs because you already fing did them all, alright! There’s none left! We have to wait 'till you die and smoke your ashes! Jes Cht! Talk about the pot and the f*in’ kettle.”

Hey, I do believe that is the same album that has the song “A**hole,” which I quoted in a previous discussion! Am I correct?

“DING DING DING…Gutter tell him what he’s won!!”

Now name that movie…

PCU! One of my favorites.