Flying in the Bahamas

I’m new to this forum. I recently posted an article on flying to the Bahamas that you might find interesting: studentpilot.com/interact/fo … -Trip-2010

I’d love to hear about your Bahamas experiences too!

Neil

Bahamas = Flat rocks with too many tourists, locals who just want you to leave your money and go away, and not much to do except bake in the sun and drink or buy overpriced junk.

Now the Virgin Islands, on the other hand…

THE BAHAMAS IS A PARADISE ,

A PIRATES PARADISE AND YOU HAPPY UNAWARE FOLKS AND PILOTS WOULD BE BETTER NEVER GOING THERE.

MOST PEOPLE ARE JUST FINE BUT THE AUTHORITIES ARE A MIX OF GREEDY DANGEROUS CRIMINALS.

THEY BARELY KNOW HOW TO READ THE AIR REGULATIONS AND ARE LOOKING FOR RICH VICTIMS.

THEY TOUGHT I WAS A “RICH” DOCTOR

I WAS JAILED 42 DAYS FOR DOING AN EMERGENCY LANDING ON A CLOSED RUNWAY . RADIO COMMUNICATIONS CAN BE DIFFICULT WHEN OUT OF RANGE AND THEY WILL THROW ANYTHING AT YOU.

i GOT A COKE SNIFFING LAWYER OF A CROOK WHO ONLY COST ME US $25,000 JUST TO GET A COURT DATE AND RELEASE .
HE THEN ADVISED BE TO “GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE IF YOUR SMART”

THE POLICE USE ALL THE BAD TRICKS TO GET YOU IN A DEFENCE LESS POSITION TO GET YOU BACK IN .

BEWARE OF THE BAHAMAS.

THE DEVILS TRIANGLE IS THE RESULT OF THE BAHAMIANS DUMPING BOATING TOURISTS INTO THE SHARK INFESTED WATERS.

IN THE BAHAMAS, SHARKS WALK AROUND ON 2 FEET

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE,
IS THAT CLEAR !

Wow dude you really know how to make friends

rr792, you are just one lucky dog.
You could’ve shortened that crap. :unamused:

I won’t go back either. Each time I was there I got attitude from the locals like they were doing me a favor. They’re not getting any more of my money.

Now St. Marteen mon, that’s the ticket.

VJ: Watch for some change at St Maarten… You may know more, but I understand that St M is changing from a Dutch “colony” to a more indepentdent nation. Currently deciding whether to continue using the Dutch currency or to use USA dollars in the local currency. Could be good, but could foster some ambiguity in local regulations and enforcement.

Something smells fishy. :open_mouth:

I have friends that live on St Maarten, and the island is half Dutch and half French.
You can already use US dollars there. I was there last April and had no problem using US money on both the Dutch and French side of the island

Yes, it is half French half Dutch. And yes they are quite happy to take the dollar. How did you like the new terminal? And how do you like that mountain directly in front of the runway? Wheels up, hard right turn over the marina.

I am not buying that crap either.

Lets get some facts.

Start with When? Where?

I rented a Beech Bonanza out of KHWO and flew with a girlfreind to MYGF.
Wasnt a good experience. Too pricey for everything…I wasnt impressed with the locals attitude. Constantly harrassed to buy something or get my f-ing hair braided…I was in the Navy at the time…so I have no idea what they were gonna braid! But…I did get laid… :laughing: That was 25 yras ago. Cant say what its like now.

probably the same thing except no lay