FlightXml Version 3 Future Plans

Hello,

We have signed up, paying for, and using the FlightXml3 Silver Plan. However, we have noticed that the references to v3 have stopped being available on https://flightaware.com/commercial/flightxml/.

Is version 3 still being developed, or has it been abandoned? If we are using it, should we seek alternative solutions?

Thank you for your time.

The FlightXML 3 Beta is closed to new participants at this time. We are actively evaluating next steps for the product and will likely have more to say in the near future. However, FlightXML is definitely not being discontinued. In fact, we plan to expand the capabilities of the product. Additionally, we will provide advance notice of deprecation of any versions.

Hello, do you have anymore information about the future of Version 3 ? I am in the process of integration in one of my apps and I find Version 3 to be friendlier when it comes to price calculation.

We do not have any announcements to make at this time. We recognize that many users have a need for cost predictability and we are considering this as we look forward.

I know it’s been a few months since anyone has asked… so, any updates? I’ve been using AeroAPI v3 on a project, and I prefer it in a lot of ways. However, it lacks some of the functions of v2. I’ve not got a client who is using v2, so it would be nice to be able to know when I can sync the two versions up. I also recognize that constantly asking isn’t very helpful, but with the change to AeroAPI, I wondered if there’s any other updates. Thanks!

No new announcements to make, but as Eric mentioned we’re aware of the need and will post when we have an update.