Flight Spotting

What would be the best thing to look at aircraft with say if there 20,000ft or Higher??? Has anyone ever spotted in BTV Vermont if so where is the best spot to spot. But i would like an answer about spoting aircraft in the air.

I spotted a United jet today at FL340 from FL350 and it was an amazing sight! :wink:

what did you use??? the best i have spoted was erj 145 continental it was just dusk when the sun hit the tail making in a redish orange it was crazy because thats when i saw the globe on the tail.

It was a joke – I was a thousand feet above the plane in a Continental B735.

Oh i didnt know because when you said FL340 from FL350 i dont know what that means so i figured that it was some place. see i dont know like anykind of language you people use to me its all jibresh. I know what you mean most times but once you talk like ATC you loose me. WHATEVER i don’t really care.

FL = Flight Level, meaning altitude. In this instance the responder was in an aircraft flying at 35,000 feet and saw another aircraft pass beneath him at 34,000 feet.

Regards,

James

No need to be an asshole. Grow up and learn to speak intelligently.

I agree, 88nitro305, has been rude on a couple of topics.

No THAT was jibresh…and it’s spelt gibberish.

"Unintelligible or nonsensical talk or writing. "

Your spelling and grammar is terrible, and you tell someone else they ‘loose you’ ???

Jimbo

No THAT was jibresh…and it’s spelt gibberish.

"Unintelligible or nonsensical talk or writing. "

Your spelling and grammar is terrible, and you tell someone else they ‘loose you’ ???

Unfortunately, the schools are not teaching kids how to write today. I see this a lot on the Internet. On one e-mail list regarding aviation, I got after a guy for using such poor grammar and his reply - actually, his father’s - was that the guy was only in the 8th grade. That’s not an excuse!

English is the language of aviation. It’s important to be able to write, read, and speak it properly if you want any type of a job in aviation.

By the way, if I remember correctly from my ill-spent youth, FL is only used for flights at and above 18,000 feet.

Correct, in the USA anyway. In Europe the transition altitude can be as low as 3000 ft depending on where you are.

Jimbo

88nitro305, word of advice, dont be rude to a flightaware staff member because as you can see the other members will come down on you. They provide a great service to us and deserve some respect.

Well, I didn’t start it this time but since several others have finally spoken up (what took you so long!) all I’ve got to say is “Me too!”

Now that 88nitro305 has been suitably chastised, let’s give the kid a bit of slack. He knows he’s in over his head here *“see i dont know like anykind of language you people use” * We still want the Forums to be a welcome place for all who wish to post. Let’s move on!

I agree and I’ve said my two cents and am done. He’ll get better when he gets into high school. But I’ve got to point out that being “over his head” is one thing; there are lots of people here willing to help teach him new stuff. But there’s no excuse for being out-and-out rude to anyone, so that will have to stop. 'nuff said.

Yo flip out i was not trying to be rude im just saying i don’t always understand things, all i was saying is that a lot of things that people say I don’t understand if i pissed everyone off than i will tell you all that i am very much sorry things have been going like s*** for me i will keep in minde respect for the people on here so once again sorry. OH by the way i am in highschool but when i type i really don’t think of spelling and proper grammar but i will try to keep that in mide in the future. Sound Good???

OH by the way i am in highschool but when i type i really don’t think of spelling and proper grammar but i will try to keep that in mide in the future. Sound Good???

Sounds good because if you don’t you won’t be able to get a decent job in the real world.

it would help if there was a spell check because i don’t always look to see what i wrote sometimes extra letters will be there and things like that.

Seems like more web browsers should come with one built-in like Safari does.

it would help if there was a spell check

The Google Toolbar comes with a spellcheck in addition to a host of other features that are useful.