FLIGHT BEHAVIOUR / AERO DYNAMICS OF WING MOUNTED vs FUSELAGE MOUNTED ENGINES

I have always wondered how differently a plane with fuselage mouted engine behaves as compared to a wing mounted one. Also the turbo props where the angle of the fans is changed instead of the wing flaps for ascending and descending. Can anyone do some analysis and explain ?

try this youtube video

What do you mean by change angle INSTEAD of wing flaps? The two items are not mutual substitutes—the former changes thrust, the latter changes lift.

Think one advantage of the wing mounted engines is the noise is farther from the passenger cabin and easier to mitigate. I always try to sit farther to the front of an aircraft with rear fuselage mounted engines.

Regarding fan-angle, are you referring to propeller “pitch” or the actual angle of the propeller/engine assembly? Three is only one “plane” that I know of that has the rotating engine/propellers, the military Ospray I think it is called… No idea if it has flaps or not. Most fixed-wing aircraft have some sort of flap system to facilitate landing and take-off (increase lift at lower air-speeds). Not sure about bi-planes though… :slight_smile: