Flight Aware Advertiser--Lousy BBB Report

FYI - paidsurveysonline.com

BBB Report
Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 176
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 7

trenton.bbb.org/nis/newsearc … 0009003250

I don’t understand this. Can you please provide more information about your topic?

Thanks!

JeffSheets is complaining that possibly disreputable companies are advertising on the FlightAware site. That’s strange, because I see no advertising.

Advertisers can place their advertisements on FlightAware without any interaction with us and we certainly aren’t promoting them as an approved or evaluated service. Although we do have limitations on the type of content to avoid distributing adult or tobacco advertisements, we do not control the content otherwise.

I wasn’t complaining–just making viewers aware of what I found when checking out a Flightaware advertiser.

Jeffsheets and others: If you area going to go through the trouble of posting, please make sure it is clear! To me, it appeared that the original posting was either a mistake or spammer.

This is an aviation site. In aviation, proper communication is vital. Please try to remember that when doing forum postings. Thanks.

Now, to get off my high horse and get back to work.
:stuck_out_tongue:

damiross

Excuse me, did you read the topic? FlightAware Advertiser–Lousy BBB Report. Did you read the detail - some highlights from the Better Business Report and a link to the report itself.

Heres another try at precise information:

There was an advertisement link on the FlightAware. It looked interesting. I checked it out and the company seems to have many problems that I thought others WHO ACCESS THIS SITE may want to know about.

Dont counsel others on precision. Slow down and read the post.

O.K. guys, I don’t want to have to make you stay after school until you shake hands. I think you all meant well. By the way tobyz, the place I see the ads are on the “individual live flight tracker” pages. I may have also seen them on the airport pages too, but I’d have to double check. :smiley:

I saw the subject once you pointed it out. However, it should still be repeated in the body of the message. Communications means spending the extra seconds to put the subject of the message also in the body.

Just using the subject as the only indication of what the posting (or e-mail, for that matter) is about is not good.

How many postings and e-mails have you come across are in this format:

Subject: b7373 n123

body: noted at MZJ.

I, along with many others who get a lot of e-mails and read a lot of forums, just take a quick, if any, glance at the subject heading. If we didn’t, we would be spending more time reading our messages. Additionally, many postings and e-mails have subjects that give NO clue whatsoever about the subject. An example is “help needed.” Help needed to do what?

Would you write your boss a memo that stated the subject but didn’t clearify it in the body?

Had I written your posting, the body would have been something like this:
I did a little reseasrchon an advertiser I found on FlightAware. The advertiser - (name of company) has a bad BBB rating.

BBB Report
Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 176
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 7

Of course, I would have given the URL of the source, along with the name of the company in the subject line. Furthermore, if it was a work-at-home company, I wouldn’t have wasted the energy it takes to click on the link.

As mentioned by a staffer, FlightAware has little control over the advertiser.

On the other hand, if it was a work-at-home scam, maybe we should click the link often because they pay for each click; :stuck_out_tongue:

I realize this is off-topic so I won’t bring up the subject again.

You are obviously the Message Board police.

People post in a variety of styles. Would you lighten up and let it go?

OK, let’s move on. :slight_smile: