FA compatibiliy

does Fa work with IE 6, iam having problem of not responding

What problem, specifically? We support IE6.

when we open FA itcomes up it stops running and won’t load map and locks up. when you open task manager it says it’s not responding. This only happens on the machine running IE 6. We’ve rebooted the computer and this doesn’ help.

I am having the same issue on two different machines. One is running IE7, the other IE8. Both running windows XP.

When opening a page with a ‘busy’ map (for example, track by aircraft type, choose 737), the page will hang waiting for the map to load.

Pages with a map that is not ‘busy’ load fine. (For example, activity at KMSO.)

Hope this helps.

On a 2.0GHz laptop, 54MB wireless, running XP SP3 I looked at LAX for B737 (you get all 4 major airports in the basin that way) IE8 took a long time to load and finally opened with the North America view. Any view changes were verrry slow.
Firefox 3.5.9 on the same system was twice as fast and I am running No Script with only the base web page plus travel advertising allowed.
… Well, as they say in many sports these days … “Upon further review …”: started looking in my IE8 Options and in Compatibility View Settings found that Compatibility View was turned on for ALL sites. Unchecked that and restarted IE8 and the response timing was much improved; not quite to Firefox but much improved. I also noticed in the browser status line that the long wait was for the last item to load …
status line = “(1 item remaining) Downloading picture hub.vox.flightaware.com/ajax/weather.rvt?cdnEnat …” remainder of the line was out of view.
Also, in our very rural area our ADSL is 1200/128. :unamused:
Help this provides assistance.