Error message trying to install PiAware on MX Linux

So you can’t play with the gain unless you’re using their image file?? That’s not ideal!

No it is not like that. Sorry, I have badly worded my last post. What I meant was that in Piaware SD card image, the dump1090fa parameters are set by command
sudo piaware-config [parameter] [value]
and these are saved in piaware cache and passed to dump1090-fa at piaware restart. So if you want to set gain the command is
sudo piaware-config rtlsdr-gain 38

However in case of package install, piaware do NOT control/set dump1090-fa paramerers. One has to do it by editing the file etc/default/dump1090-fa .

ah great thanks.
Before I worry about playing with settings I need to workout why I’m not syncing with peers. I think this worked before I played around with the reconfigure to sytemd, however I can’t see how that will have affected my ADSB-Exchange feed. It’s showing a green smilie face for Feed AND MLAT connection. So it should be working.

Please see Advance Settings for Piaware SD card image.

Settings on this page pertaining to dump1090-fa are not applicable in case of package install, in which case these should be set by editing file etc/default/dump1090-fa.

Following are not applicable in package install
sudo piaware config rtlsdr-gain xx
sudo piaware config rtlsdr-ppm xx
sudo piaware config rtlsdr-device-index xx

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.