Pi-aware runs local, but not feeding (tls error?)

Locally pi-aware runs fine, and I see airplanes on the radar and list in SkyAware at [local]:8080. But I can’t see the status at command prompt and the feeder is not feeding to the server.

It started after three years of feeding, suddenly 4 days ago.

Rebooted, un-installed Piaware, re-installed Piaware, Dump1090 etc etc.
FR24 and RADARBOX run. Only FR24 MLAT doesn’t work, but for the rest runs fine.

Any ideas!?

it seems to be missing a dependency tls that should be located in the tcl file

Try the following steps listed on this page:

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your response.
I followed all the steps, but no succes unfortunately.
It could be that the SD card is broken.
Don’t want to do a full reset and re-install, but when running the first command I get some errors already.

I’m a noob, so not sure how to fix this.

New to script too and not a coder, but if it ain’t broken, don’t try to fix it, though it’s worth it to try.

1500days

So finally I just removed all packages (piaware), rebooted and did the piaware install from scratch. Now it is running again :exploding_head::no_mouth:

2 Likes

The errors are all pointing to the radarbox repository so they are not related to flightaware or piaware.

You could remove the piaware software completely and then reinstall it. After reinstallation you can import your old key again so you don’t get a new site number.

first command is to remove the software, after that follow the steps on the installation page.

sudo apt purge piaware
It will ask you if you want to remove the software and you have to confirm that.
After that follow the steps here:

Start with step 2 , you don’t need step 5 and then skip step 7
After this is complete you can reregister your old unique identifier via this post

I see you got it fixed while I was typing this reply, good that you are back up and running :ok_hand: