Diverted Flight at ATL

Just surfing the site and saw that a plane from Atlanta to Eppley Field was diverted back to Atlanta

[EV5024 (ASQ5024) ExpressJet Flight Tracking and History 18-Dec-2009 (KATL-KATL) - FlightAware]

Got up to 24,000 feet then turn around and decened 10,000 feet in about 5 minutes. Any thoughts on this?

Can you change your link. I couldn’t find the flight you were talking about?

Good time to remind folks and tell new guys that you do not need brackets around the URL if you aren’t giving descriptive material with it. Also, do not put anything such as a bracket, a comma, or whatever either next to the start or the end of the url:

flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ5 … /KATL/KATL

If you are giving descriptive material, use the URL tags as follows

[Atlanta diversion](http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ5024/history/20091218/1616Z/KATL/KATL)

yields
Atlanta diversion

Thanks dami. Probably turned around because of the weather.

Thanks. I do not post on a regular basis here and never can remember the correct way.

Damiross just thinks he knows everything… :unamused: (kidding) :smiley:

Unlikely a CRJ would need to abort at 24,000 because of this weather, as snappy as it might have been on the ground. Also, maybe the weather map is just an artifact of FA and timing, and the plane never experienced that storm. Diversion is more likely due to one of the usual excuses – illness on board, mechanical, etc. Couldn’t find any news about it.

I believe that should be “Damiross knows everything… and what he doesn’t know isn’t worth knowing!” :smiley:

I don’t think so… :smiley: