Debugging Error

I am currently trying to make a post in the “General Aviation” section and keep getting a “debugging mode” error. Appears something or another is corrupt in the PHP script. Assistance from an admin would be appreciated.

Sounds like you may be copying something from another source. Even if you’re not, make sure that the only characters in your posting has only characters that are found on your keyboard.

It is strange because I can preview the post, just submit it

Same experience here, but I haven’t had it as of late.

I think the last time I had it, I used the Post Reply button at the bottom rather then the quote button and it went through.

May have been a coincidence, so don’t kow if this is a work around but something to try if it happens again.

That’s what’s so frustrating! It previews fine but doesn’t post at all.

Sounds like you may be copying something from another source. Even if you’re not, make sure that the only characters in your posting has only characters that are found on your keyboard.

agree with this suggestion, except that it seems only the special characters like ’ , ; : ? / ( ) # @ ! etc are the problem. I just go back and re-type those characters.

It doesn’t take the fancy double and single quotes. It takes this one: ’ but not the one that is curved.

Another one is the long dash. It will take (-) but not the long version of that, whatever it’s called these days.

It’s called an em dash. The shorter one is the en dash. Just remember that the letter “n” is shorter than the letter “m” and you’ll never go wrong.

thanks for that david…so it’s the em that’s not allowed.
I haven’t had a debug in quite a while, since I’ve been going thru the stuff and replacing the em with the en, as well as the fancy quotations…