FlightAware Discussions

Damaged Flight Feeder by water

Guys i have a serious problem… Yesterday was a heavy rain, and my mother forgot to close the window and the water was got inside the flightfeeder… I tryed to disassemble the feeder… cleaned it out, dryed… and tryed to start… all i’m getting is white screen…

then i decided to check the sd card… maybe there’s a problem with screen drivers… i had that problem on my old RPi… but the sd card didn’t showed up in windows explorer… there’s no signal on HDMI too… I have another RPi, but the GPIOs on that one are broken, and i’m not sure if it will work or not… i’ll try… but for now i don’t know what to do… i’ve checked the screen of FF on my friend’s RPi with Raspbian OS… seems to be working… That capacitor (C97) ! was blowed, I replaced it with new one from my old broken RPi… and that L2 is broken i think ! … sd card is broken… I can’t format… tryed everything… even DISKPART is not helping… board seems to be clean…!) i dryed it… I’ve checked today and finded out that RPi is dead… it’s not starting even with working SD card (Ubuntu MATE)… !

Please mail the details to adsbsupport@flightaware.com. Thanks!

Already did that yesterday… I just thought anyone can help me here to restore that Pi…

Since it got wet while powered on it’s likely that the Pi is history.
In 44 years of electronics repair, everything that’s come across my “workbench” so-to-speak, that was
powered on when it got wet, was damaged beyond repair. Everything that wasn’t powered on, and was
given a chance to dry thoroughly, operated normally after it dried out.

Yeah that sucks… I beleive i need to find another Pi to power that receiver up… receiver is working… it’s not damaged…